How serious are Airgunners? Check out these custom stocks.

Howard Law

OLDBEARCAT

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
Dave,

That is some beautiful custom work. BUT... back to the real world however. I just got two crosman 2240 pistols for me and my wife. We love them and have shot about 2000 rounds in the last few weeks at our range here at home. Forty 22 cal. shots on one cartridge and very accurate. I have a Gamo Hunter 440 with scope that is a springer and now it gets old breaking it for each shot after using the 2240.

I have looked at this air rifle; http://flyingdragonairrifles.org/industry_qb78.html , and seems to be a good bang for the buck with a tune by Mike Melick. Do you have any thoughts one way or the other about this choice? I will want to get a pair of them.

I like the more traditional/old fashion looks in my guns. The qb78 deluxe looks good but is out of stock. Archer has the qb78 deluxe in stock;

http://www.archerairguns.com/QB78-Deluxe-Chinese-Air-Rifle-p/ibqb78d.htm , but I like the sound of flying dragon service a little better.

decisions are what dreams are made of

DOC

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Oldbearcat, congrats on the 2240's. See my post earlier on the many mod's on these guns. Probably the most modded gun in history. This is the gun I put a TKO shroud on that made the gun totally silent!

Go with flying Dragon! Mike M. has a great reputation in the airgun world!!!!!!

OLDBEARCAT

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
Dave..Those 850s are really nice looking air guns but since I want a pair with scopes they will run about double the $ qb78. I am going to call Mike M. tomorrow and see what the wait is for the qb78 deluxe or the xs60c of Mike's design; which has no price listed.

I'm looking for something fun/easy to shoot while ammo is hard to come by but not a family heirloom. I have a pretty good supply of the ammunition I normally use but will hang on to it as long as I need to. Pellets are easy to come by and I have about 10,000 each of 177cal and 22cal and can replace them easily.

Just trying to get the best features on a pretty good CO2 rifle for the bucks. That.... and also tighter than the bark on a tree!

DOC

R

rayzer007

OLDBEARCAT said:
Just trying to get the best features on a pretty good CO2 rifle for the bucks. That.... and also tighter than the bark on a tree!
DOC

We'll be civil Doc, and refer to you as being "frugal" or "economy-minded"!!! ;)

Ray

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Bearcat his rifles are a excellent choice! And you are right, they are the best bang for the buck. Actually, I am going to order the QB79. I had a RWS 850 which was a terrific gun, but the US postal service lost the gun, when I sent it up to a tuner. I received it 6 months later, totally destroyed by water. They never honored a claim. So I am going to order a QB79 from Mike. I can use the "Shroud" I had for the 850 which will make the rifle virtually silent for back yard shooting.
Cannot get a better endorsement than ordering one right?

*****CHECK THIS OUT! Here is the forum on all the QB rifles. Note that Mike answers a lot of questions here and you will also see how these airguns have such a huge following.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/113813/

So glad to hear you getting a new air rifle. You will never regret it, and remember" BEWARE! AIRGUNS ARE ADDICTIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

OLDBEARCAT

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
DAVE.... Ordered two qb 78s from Mike Melick with basic tune.... Price $310.00 for both with basic tune and shipping. Just talked to him again as to fps and he was already polishing the stocks. Mike has made me long time happy customer.

Thanks for the great referral.

DOC