How Could This Possibly Go Wrong?

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
And there are no asshole militant atheists? I think most are. Your religion is based on the premise that you are the smartest guys in the room by FAR.

And yes, it is a religion. If you have apologists out there in the media, writing books on how to defend your "theories", it sure sounds like religion to anybody that is honest.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
And there are no asshole militant atheists? I think most are. Your religion is based on the premise that you are the smartest guys in the room by FAR.

And yes, it is a religion. If you have apologists out there in the media, writing books on how to defend your "theories", it sure sounds like religion to anybody that is honest.
lol, Of course there are! Why with the binaries? All sides can have assholes and all sides do. Again, it's not a contest. There aren't clear cut good guys. Everyone is a good guy, everyone can be a bad guy...that's the human condition. Whether you call yourself a christian, muslim or atheist, you're governed by a human brain.
Being an atheist or theist doesn't damn you to a condition either.

You can choose to call atheism a religion, but it is not. Pushing an opinion of semantics onto a position like that doesn't really matter anyway. So what if it were technically a religion....nothing changes. It's the worshipping of gods and goddesses that becomes the issue, not the pursuit of greater understanding of humanity and the universe.

The theist point of view is that they are the most moral person in the room, regardless of other faculties..they have morality on their side. No difference. Honestly I don't even believe all theists feel that way, but neither do all atheists feel like they are the smartest person in the room...just at a different place in their personal evolution.

I am glad that there are voices in the media that will defend positions that are not that of goddess or god origin..that's a step in the right direction anyway.

Last edited:

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
Btw- I believe the guys in the OP are fucking assholes. Then again, spending 5 seconds on TOS makes my opinion of "bikers" negative.

Reactions: Laufen

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Btw- I believe the guys in the OP are fucking assholes. Then again, spending 5 seconds on TOS makes my opinion of "bikers" negative.
lol Can't we say ODT now or is that still off limits along with hating on Ohio. lol, The poor first amendment, it's had it's ragged ass handed to it lately.

Jcountry

Frontiersman
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia
[

That is the cute thing about atheists.... They don't realize that their belief structure is a religion-in every bit as pure a sense as any other. Believing in the absence of a God is certainly not proof of the absence of God.

And that belief requires just as much blind faith as any other religion.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
[

That is the cute thing about atheists.... They don't realize that their belief structure is a religion-in every bit as pure a sense as any other. Believing in the absence of a God is certainly not proof of the absence of God.

And that belief requires just as much blind faith as any other religion.
Uh no. I believe in things that are real. Can you disprove the existence of Allah? Do you have to constantly lean on your faith in christianity to keep from falling into Islam?

Again with the semantics...what difference would it make if atheism could be defined as a religion? What is one single meaningful consequence?

For what it's worth I don't have to have faith that my views are "correct", I know they are and even if jesus christ and his dad showed up on my doorstep I'd tell them to bugger off. I'd want nothing to do with that vengeful bastard.

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
Uh no. I believe in things that are real. Can you disprove the existence of Allah? Do you have to constantly lean on your faith in christianity to keep from falling into Islam?

Again with the semantics...what difference would it make if atheism could be defined as a religion? What is one single meaningful consequence?

For what it's worth I don't have to have faith that my views are "correct", I know they are and even if jesus christ and his dad showed up on my doorstep I'd tell them to bugger off. I'd want nothing to do with that vengeful bastard.
And if they showed up your rejection wouldn't change the fact that you were wrong. Although I know you wouldn't admit it even then.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
And if they showed up your rejection wouldn't change the fact that you were wrong. Although I know you wouldn't admit it even then.
Given the extraordinarily violent history of the christian god, I'm not wrong even if the mythology were real. It's just a ludicrous story though anyway, and I want zero part of it.

Last edited:

Jcountry

Frontiersman
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia

Until Einstein, every scientist believed that "ether" was a real, physical property. It was a colorless, odorless gas which had magical properties to explain certain things that didn't make sense per Newtonian physics. They look pretty silly now.

You believe in what you believe in. Absence of proof is not proof of absence.

Your belief system requires just a huge of a leap as any religion you speak so derisively of. You have no more proof than anyone else. None of us are anymore "right" than any others. Atheists just make me laugh.... Your assumptions are just as tenuous as anyone else's.

Jcountry

Frontiersman
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia

Excellent point, sir!

You just can't use logic on some people.

I wouldn't be able to convince Laufen that water is wet.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Until Einstein, every scientist believed that "ether" was a real, physical property. It was a colorless, odorless gas which had magical properties to explain certain things that didn't make sense per Newtonian physics. They look pretty silly now.

You believe in what you believe in. Absence of proof is not proof of absence.

Your belief system requires just a huge of a leap as any religion you speak so derisively of. You have no more proof than anyone else. None of us are anymore "right" than any others. Atheists just make me laugh.... Your assumptions are just as tenuous as anyone else's.
And if Einstein were treated as a god, and his work treated like religious doctrine, we'd still believe that ether is essentially dark matter. Thankfully most scientists aren't bound to primitive ways at looking at the universe, and are not against questioning once held beliefs. See the difference?

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Excellent point, sir!

You just can't use logic on some people.

I wouldn't be able to convince Laufen that water is wet.
What would the christian god try to convince me of? The benign intentions behind his genocide? The hypocritical sacrifice of his son to save us from sin that was built into us by the father? Seriously, what is there to prove? lol, it's so much bullshit.

Jcountry

Frontiersman
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia
What would the christian god try to convince me of? The benign intentions behind his genocide? The hypocritical sacrifice of his son to save us from sin that was built into us by the father? Seriously, what is there to prove? lol, it's so much bullshit.

The point Strider made was that you would still deny his existence even if he showed up at your door, farted-and you smelled it.

Jcountry

Frontiersman
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia
And if Einstein were treated as a god, and his work treated like religious doctrine, we'd still believe that ether is essentially dark matter. Thankfully most scientists aren't bound to primitive ways at looking at the universe, and are not against questioning once held beliefs. See the difference?

Primitive by what standard?

Ether was not primitive back then. Neither was eugenics in the early 20th century.

You are basing your beliefs on a very narrow range of "truths." What we know today may not be what we know for long.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
The point Strider made was that you would still deny his existence even if he showed up at your door, farted-and you smelled it.
Oh no, not at all. I'd absolutely acknowledge what I had seen, I'd just toss them out on their sorry asses.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Primitive by what standard?

Ether was not primitive back then. Neither was eugenics in the early 20th century.

You are basing your beliefs on a very narrow range of "truths." What we know today may not be what we know for long.
No he wasn't, but science is progressive, not stagnant. 12th century science was cutting edge in the 12th century, today not so much.

Some of his theorems hold true today, and may well hold true indefinitely in this universe. Some might not. That's the cool thing about the plasticity of science.

That's not how the word of god works though. The word of god is the gospel, so to speak. See the innate flaws?

Jcountry

Frontiersman
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia
No he wasn't, but science is progressive, not stagnant. 12th century science was cutting edge in the 12th century, today not so much.

Some of his theorems hold true today, and may well hold true indefinitely in this universe. Some might not. That's the cool thing about the plasticity of science.

That's not how the word of god works though. The word of god is the gospel, so to speak. See the innate flaws?

Not really.

Back when the Greeks were still around, Muslims and Greeks got along pretty well. They shared a lot of knowledge about science and astronomy.

I don't know what changed, but a lot of modern Muslims don't give a shit about getting along with anyone. Their religion has definitely been corrupted all to hell.

The Koran hasn't changed, but the interpretation sure has.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Not really.

Back when the Greeks were still around, Muslims and Greeks got along pretty well. They shared a lot of knowledge about science and astronomy.

I don't know what changed, but a lot of modern Muslims don't give a shit about getting along with anyone. Their religion has definitely been corrupted all to hell.

The Koran hasn't changed, but the interpretation sure has.
If there were a sudden discovery of a valuable commodity under your soil, you might get a lot of new neighbors that you didn't really care for. That can breed resentment, and the subsequent violence is easily justified if it's "god's will".
Tribal warfare has always been a problem, capitalism has just allowed the fight to be taken beyond historical borders.

H

Hoss

If there were a sudden discovery of a valuable commodity under your soil, you might get a lot of new neighbors that you didn't really care for. That can breed resentment, and the subsequent violence is easily justified if it's "god's will".
Tribal warfare has always been a problem, capitalism has just allowed the fight to be taken beyond historical borders.
Why do I surmise that your utopia would involve a bathroom with 2 seashells ?