How Could This Possibly Go Wrong?

Faktory 47

Captdave77

Woodsman
Mar 13, 2017
Dallas GA
Zip code
Anyway, my argument of not polarizing a complex social issue for the purpose of intimidation, violation of rights, and inciting violence doesn't make sense?

Come on Dave, you're a hell of a lot smarter than that.

The point is ridiculing any group is a basic foundation of civil rights. Would you have the same opinion of people burning the American Flag? Aren't the inciting violence?

The only way we get it across to Haji is to put so many people lampooning their "prophet" that they cannot recruit enough suicide bombers.

H

Hoss

Fuck it. I say put every atheist on a scale to see if they weigh the same as a duck.

Reactions: Laufen

Captdave77

Woodsman
Mar 13, 2017
Dallas GA
Zip code
monty-python-shes-a-witch-burn-her.jpg

Reactions: Hoss
H

Hoss

I don't want to live in a world where a disagreement can't be reached via an ass-whooping between two law abiding adults.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
The point is ridiculing any group is a basic foundation of civil rights. Would you have the same opinion of people burning the American Flag? Aren't the inciting violence?

The only way we get it across to Haji is to put so many people lampooning their "prophet" that they cannot recruit enough suicide bombers.
I do have the same in opinion in respect to a flag or symbol of a country. I question the maturity and motivation of the people doing it, but flag etiquette hardly compares to religious doctrine. Those are great examples of why I really don't care for patriotism or religion. They both suck the reasoning portions of the human brain out of their host's ears.

Last edited:

Jcountry

Frontiersman
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia
They sure do. They also hate to be subjected to beliefs other than their own, whilst simultaneously intimidating followers of other religions (that are equally protected under the law).
These guys are dick bags plain and simple. A disgrace to Americans, those that fight to preserve out rights (whether that's a uniformed soldier or protester) christians, and anyone that values the individual freedom that this country supposedly stands for.

No they don't. Not for the last several hundred years.

Christians alive today are NOT the problem. They are not using their religion to rape, pillage, plunder and murder across the world. Muslims are doing this every day-Christians, Jews, Hindus, and pretty much everyone else have figured out how to tolerate others without beheading them. There are a lot of Muslims who still haven't read the memo.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
No they don't. Not for the last several hundred years.

Christians alive today are NOT the problem. They are not using their religion to rape, pillage, plunder and murder across the world. Muslims are doing this every day-Christians, Jews, Hindus, and pretty much everyone else have figured out how to tolerate others without beheading them. There are a lot of Muslims who still haven't read the memo.
Some are and most aren't. That's where leaning entirely on generalizations, and grouping people based on a widely varying interpretation of religious doctrine is a lazy way to live.

Jcountry

Frontiersman
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia
Some are and most aren't. That's where leaning entirely on generalizations, and grouping people based on a widely varying interpretation of religious doctrine is a lazy way to live.

Fact is that Muslims have a couple of serious problems.

1-They have a significant percentage of people who use their "religion" as an excuse for doing anything they want. They are currently beheading the shit out of all sorts of people all over the middle east and destroying significant historical sites at will. They keep women in slavery, and they impose a screwed up system of "justice" which rationalizes rape, child abuse, and murder by means of religious justification.

2-The 'good" Muslims never speak out against the bad ones. They simply don't. If some sect of catholics were going nutzers and killing the shit out of everyone they wanted, all sorts of officials-from the pope down to your local priest would be doing everything they could to decry and condemn those activities. Muslims-crickets chirping. (The fact that absolutely no from the muslim world spoke out right after 9-11 speaks volumes. I looked for it-and didn't see a single cleric or any sort of religious official who was willing to speak out.)

They really have a PR problem. And there are two possible causes:
1- Regular "good" muslims are scared shitless of the crazy ones, and are not speaking out because of fear.
or
2-Regular "good" muslims are actually cool with the idea of a one-world religion/government-as long as it is Islamic.

-I think cause #2 is more likely..

-Just continue making excuses Laughin. Some of us see the reality. We aren't talking about 500 years ago, we are talking about today. And Christians, Jews, Buddhists, etc. ain't the problem.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Muslims never speak out against violence? Where have you been hiding?

Are you out in the streets speaking out against violence when some dumbass decides to use a firearm to kill people in a school, or are you busy calling and emailing legislators to make sure that the actions of one asshole don't fuck an entire group of people that had nothing to do with their intentions?

I know my first instinct is to begin drafting letters. Does that make me complicit?

Anyway, I couldn't agree more about the rampant misogyny in Islam, and religion in general. That's the type of primitive lifestyle you lead if you subscribe to a primitive mythology.

Jcountry

Frontiersman
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia
Muslims never speak out against violence? Where have you been hiding?

Are you out in the streets speaking out against violence when some dumbass decides to use a firearm to kill people in a school, or are you busy calling and emailing legislators to make sure that the actions of one asshole don't fuck an entire group of people that had nothing to do with their intentions?

I know my first instinct is to begin drafting letters. Does that make me complicit?

Anyway, I couldn't agree more about the rampant misogyny in Islam, and religion in general. That's the type of primitive lifestyle you lead if you subscribe to a primitive mythology.

More platitudes and idealistic wet farts.

(Consistency is important.)

I am talking about major events. You can bet that if something on the scale of 9-11 were committed by people associated with ANY other religion, leaders would have been clawing all over each other to be the first to say "hey-this BS is NOT what we are about-we condemn it in the strongest possible terms!"

Not a peep out of any islamic religious leaders. Nothing at all. That speaks volumes,

I think most Americans misunderstand Islam at their peril. I think the average muslim on the street in the middle east is cool with this crazy ass terrorism. They might not strap on an explosive vest and blow up a bus full of school kids (like their friend down the street,) but many more of them tacitly approve of such activities. Many more than we would like to think actually contribute money towards the cause of terrorism.

But that's OK. No worries.... Just go to whatever length makes you feel comfortable to makes excuses for the fact that pretty much all terrorists these days hail from the same "religion" of peace.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
More platitudes and idealistic wet farts.

(Consistency is important.)

I am talking about major events. You can bet that if something on the scale of 9-11 were committed by people associated with ANY other religion, leaders would have been clawing all over each other to be the first to say "hey-this BS is NOT what we are about-we condemn it in the strongest possible terms!"

Not a peep out of any islamic religious leaders. Nothing at all. That speaks volumes,

I think most Americans misunderstand Islam at their peril. I think the average muslim on the street in the middle east is cool with this crazy ass terrorism. They might not strap on an explosive vest and blow up a bus full of school kids (like their friend down the street,) but many more of them tacitly approve of such activities. Many more than we would like to think actually contribute money towards the cause of terrorism.

But that's OK. No worries.... Just go to whatever length makes you feel comfortable to makes excuses for the fact that pretty much all terrorists these days hail from the same "religion" of peace.
There was a lot of condemnation actually. How much is necessary. How much to you express displeasure to people you come into contact with about people using firearms in illegal ways? Is it your duty to do so, or be complicit in the crime?
You didn't address any of my questions, you've simply parroted tired, and inaccurate generalizations.

Start here. What are some negatives about christians?

Jcountry

Frontiersman
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia
There was a lot of condemnation actually. How much is necessary. How much to you express displeasure to people you come into contact with about people using firearms in illegal ways? Is it your duty to do so, or be complicit in the crime?
You didn't address any of my questions, you've simply parroted tired, and inaccurate generalizations.

Start here. What are some negatives about christians?

Where?

I saw not one religious leader condemning it at all. I'm not talking about political leaders, I am talking about major clerics. Not a peep.

Jcountry

Frontiersman
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia
I'm talking about 9-11, not ISIS.

I still found pretty much nothing from major clerics in the middle east. They seemed to be like "you go bro.....Do your worst."

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I'm talking about 9-11, not ISIS.

I still found pretty much nothing from major clerics in the middle east. They seemed to be like "you go bro.....Do your worst."
Oh for fucks sake.

Here's a noted christian blaming atheists and gays. lol

Two days following the attacks, on the Christian television program The 700 Club, television evangelist Jerry Falwell called the event a punishment from God and laid the blame on "paganists", "abortionists", "feminists" and "gays and lesbians", claiming that they "helped this happen". Host Pat Robertson concurred with the statements. Both evangelists came under attack from President George W. Bush for their statements,[5] Falwell subsequently apologized.[6][7]

Islamic world
Almost all Muslim political and religious leaders condemned the attacks. The leaders vehemently denouncing the attacks included the leaders of Egypt (Hosni Mubarak), the Palestinian Authority (Yasser Arafat), Libya (Muammar Gaddafi), Syria (Bashar al-Assad), Iran (Mohamed Khatami) and Pakistan (Pervez Musharraf).[4][20] The sole exception was Iraq, when the then-president Saddam Hussein, said of the attacks that "the American cowboys are reaping the fruit of their crimes against humanity".[21] Saddam would later offer sympathy to the Americans killed in the attacks.[22]

• 23px-Flag_of_Bangladesh.svg.png
    Bangladesh: People gathered in mosques in prayer, and clerics condemned the attacks.[23]
  • 23px-Flag_of_Indonesia.svg.png
    Indonesia: Many Indonesians gathered on beaches to pray for the victims of the attacks.[23]
  • 23px-Flag_of_Kazakhstan.svg.png
    Kazakhstan: Kazakhstan offered the use of its airspace for relief and offered its condolences.[10]
  • 23px-Flag_of_Kyrgyzstan.svg.png
    Kyrgyzstan: The government of Kyrgyzstan offered its condolences, as well as the use of its airspace.
  • 23px-Flag_of_Tajikistan.svg.png
    Tajikistan: People gathered in squares to light candles, prayed and offered good wishes.
  • 23px-Flag_of_Turkey.svg.png
    Turkey: Turkish president Ahmet Necdet Sezer and prime minister Bülent Ecevit condemned the attacks. The Turkish government then ordered all of its flags at half-mast for one day of mourning.
  • 23px-Flag_of_Turkmenistan.svg.png
    Turkmenistan: Turkmenistan offered its condolences and offered the use of its airspace for relief.
  • 23px-Flag_of_Uzbekistan.svg.png
    Uzbekistan: Leaders in Uzbekistan called the White House to offer its condolences and also offered the use of its airspace.
  • 23px-Flag_of_Azerbaijan.svg.png
    Azerbaijan: Azerbaijanis gathered in town squares to light candles, pray and offered good wishes.
  • 23px-Flag_of_Sudan.svg.png
    Sudan: Leaders and Clerics in Sudan denounced the attacks.
  • 23px-Flag_of_Pakistan.svg.png
    Pakistan: Some Islamic clerics in Pakistani mosques condemned the attacks.[23]
  • 23px-Flag_of_Yemen.svg.png
    Yemen: Some clerics in Yemini mosques heavily denounced the attacks and labelled them as "cowardly" and "un-Islamic".[23]
  • 23px-Flag_of_Saudi_Arabia.svg.png
    Saudi Arabia: Saudi Arabian government and the royal Saudi family condemned and denounced the attacks and offered to provide financial aid to the victims.[citation needed]
  • 23px-Flag_of_Egypt.svg.png
    Egypt: Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak vehemently denounced the attacks.
  • 23px-Flag_of_Libya_%281977-2011%29.svg.png
    Libya: Muammar Gaddafi condemned the attacks.
  • 23px-Flag_of_Syria.svg.png
    Syria: Bashar al-Assad also condemned the attacks.
  • 23px-Flag_of_Iraq_%281991-2004%29.svg.png
    Iraq: After first justifying the 9/11 attacks, Saddam Hussein, a few months later, offered his sympathy for the victims and Americans killed in the attacks.

Last edited:

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
Oh for fucks sake.

Here's a noted christian blaming atheists and gays. lol

Two days following the attacks, on the Christian television program The 700 Club, television evangelist Jerry Falwell called the event a punishment from God and laid the blame on "paganists", "abortionists", "feminists" and "gays and lesbians", claiming that they "helped this happen". Host Pat Robertson concurred with the statements. Both evangelists came under attack from President George W. Bush for their statements,[5] Falwell subsequently apologized.[6][7]
Did any Christian cut somebody's head off because of his words?

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Anyway, this isn't a contest to see who is less violent or who's "right", it's about not purposefully attempting to infringe upon guaranteed freedoms because you're a hypocritical douchebag, although being an asshole because you're a theist seems to have a longstanding tradition.

Islam is a primitive and backward religion that has the disadvantage of being popular in parts of the world that are less progressive than parts of the world that are more heavily christian. Both have the propensity for violence. There really isn't a badge of honor on either side.

If the bar you must clear to feel like your religion is superior is whether or not the radicals in your ranks decapitate people, then that's absolutely fucking laughable, and drives my point home like a christian fucking a muslim with a broken budweiser bottle.

Last edited: