Hopefully this can stay in general discussion

Howard Law

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Maybe this is what we need, to finally hit rock bottom so maybe we can rebuild this country into what it once was.
There's no going back to an older version of the country. The world has evolved, the country has evolved, and frankly we eliminated a lot of shit I don't want back.

Reactions: madHatter

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Reactions: Laufen

Maharaja

Hunter
Jul 6, 2015
New Deal, establishment of the IRS damn Liberal Supreme Court subverting The Constitution (yes John Roberts) its all an avalanche.

Expound please on the Patriot Act I didn't see much change its always been there just "legal" now

Maharaja

Hunter
Jul 6, 2015
Pales in comparison to the damage done to our individual rights by the Patriot Act. Bush made it happen, Obama kept it viable. I don't give a damn about the deficit when we print our own money and manipulate credit ratings, and if Iran can be monitored more closely then cool.
I think this would be a good thing but it will take sacrifice and I haven't met anybody willing to do that EXPECIALLY when it comes to material things.

All I keep thinking is that the founders were willing to die and we won't sacrifice our Mcmansion for something smaller if it were called for.

I have to say I was lost when I read this. What does giving up what I work for have to do with restraining an oppressive Govt?
Perhaps I misread?

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
I have to say I was lost when I read this. What does giving up what I work for have to do with restraining an oppressive Govt?
Perhaps I misread?
The founders gave up their fortunes (actually they pledged their "lives, fortunes and sacred honor" to one another and the country. I guess nobody read the Declaration all the way to the end) which is why they all died penniless. Their families got nothing. A couple of their estates went to the State (Jefferson, Washington). They pledged everything for the Union. Would you? Doesn't sound like it.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Perhaps I misread?
It has more to do with restructuring the way we think about government, re-thinking our consumerism and the way the health of a country and it's credit rating is based soley on it's consumption and production. Sometimes you need a forest fire to accomplish what some people with rakes and trash bags cannot.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
New Deal, establishment of the IRS damn Liberal Supreme Court subverting The Constitution (yes John Roberts) its all an avalanche.

Expound please on the Patriot Act I didn't see much change its always been there just "legal" now
Well, the legal part is a big deal. Now we have massive, widespread violations of civil rights and there's not a damned thing you can do about it.

Maharaja

Hunter
Jul 6, 2015
Thanks for both responses. I see it a bit different the Founding Fathers wanted to be free of opression. "The Union" is the oppressor.
I give up a tremendous amount in the form of taxes to a Federal Govt that takes it and sends it to others for their support so no I am not thrilled about giving anymore to get more of what we have. Sacrificing for that which the Founding Fathers fought and died for , perhaps.

Laufen to your post, I do not disagree in principle. I have missed a huge stock market run in part because I do not believe that "our economy" is solid. However neither is the USD.
Atlas may soon shrug.

Maharaja

Hunter
Jul 6, 2015
Well, the legal part is a big deal. Now we have massive, widespread violations of civil rights and there's not a damned thing you can do about it.

Legal does not equate to moral or right.
I do not agree with it its just now out of the shadows. Big Brother has always thought it knows whats best for us. Big Brother is wrong.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Legal does not equate to moral or right.
I do not agree with it its just now out of the shadows. Big Brother has always thought it knows whats best for us. Big Brother is wrong.
I agree, and that's why I loathe the Patriot Act. Fact is it's legal, and that's what matters to the law, not a subjective "right" or "wrong".

Reactions: Strider12