Headset/peltor wrap things?

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
I know SOE makes them, but theirs are plain. I saw the USTS offering with molle and a D ring and the have bungee attachments for cord management, a rail segment deal and a book to hang it off PC/chest rig/whatever you have with webbing.

Any others out there worth looking at?
I'm planning on snagging a pair of the Howard Leight impact ears so it would need to fit those.

BackWoods

Frontiersman
Jul 5, 2015
Temple
Zip code
All the ones I have seen where plain. Maybe, find one with Velcro on the outside so, you add patches or what not and make it unique. Just a thought. Have a good one.

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
I don't want patches, I want some sort of cord management and a D ring so can clip it to my belt with a carabiner.

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
Contact SOE...they'd probably do that for you.
I'm sure they would, but it'd likely cost more and take several weeks or more to deliver. What I linked is 30 for the bundle and in stock.

I'm just asking if there are any brands I've overlooked.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
I know SOE makes them, but theirs are plain. I saw the USTS offering with molle and a D ring and the have bungee attachments for cord management, a rail segment deal and a book to hang it off PC/chest rig/whatever you have with webbing.

Any others out there worth looking at?
I'm planning on snagging a pair of the Howard Leight impact ears so it would need to fit those.

They are comfortable...

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
btw.. I have a pair of SOE peltor wraps and they are really nice quality. But peltor wraps aren't something that I need to be certain is 100% quality like my chest rig and belt, so if SOE is out of budget or time frame, I'd say any peltor wraps could work... you could even make your own if you went to a fabric shop and got some cordura nylon material.

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
btw.. I have a pair of SOE peltor wraps and they are really nice quality. But peltor wraps aren't something that I need to be certain is 100% quality like my chest rig and belt, so if SOE is out of budget or time frame, I'd say any peltor wraps could work... you could even make your own if you went to a fabric shop and got some cordura nylon material.
I can put a button back on, or sew on a Velcro panel, but actually fabricating something is beyond my sewing abilities. Biggest issue with SOE is features. If he had one with cord management and D ring, I'd just get one of whatever color he had available.

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
Finally bought the ears (peltor rangeguard) guess it's time to buy a headset wrap

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
Those are what I've been looking at.
How comfortable are they? Holding up well?
Awesome comfort. I've had mine for about 2 years and use them atleast I've a month or so, still looking new.

Wife has had hers about a year and still good.

We've used them through a couple classes w no issues.

The D-ring is convenient to hook to a belt or the like when not shooting.

The rail section isn't necessary but the elastic loops to hold coms cables are nice.

http://www.ustacticalsewing.com/collections/headset-band-covers/products/amhc-web-dominators

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
Nope still haven't picked up a wrap. But the Peltor Rangeguard muffs are friggin awesome.