Having aiming problems, can anyone help?

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Machi

Hunter
Mar 28, 2016
So I seem to be suffering some sort of eye condition or something lately and I can't focus right where I need to. I'm not sure whats going on so I'll be seeing an eye doctor person here soon. Anyway, in the mean time, all my shots are not just way off center at even 5 feet, they're all over the place. I'm talking, high, low, left, right, pretty much everywhere but the middle. I don't mind to much but its a tad ridiculous at this point to be shooting so terribly. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong when it comes to aiming, does anyone have some advice I could sure use it right now.

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
That is tough to diagnose without 1 on 1 evaluation. What is your dominate eye and dominate hand? Also, are you shooting both eyes open or are you closing a specific eye when you shoot?

Fred Rupp

Scout
Apr 21, 2016
I agree with Chris about a 1 on 1 eval to get to the root of the problem. My only question is where are you focusing on? Rear sights, front sight post, or the target.

Last edited by a moderator:

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
If you do find that your eyes aren't able to focus like they used to, the recent boom in slide ride optics for carry guns is a good alternative. I used to have a XD9 that I sent to Bowie Tactical Concepts and had the slide milled for a Leupold Delta Point. It was a great setup. Like running red dot on a rifle....no focus necessary and very very fast! Just an option...