Gear you swear by.

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
They appear to make some nice gear, but I can't support egotistical cock suckers.
Very long (and unrelated to SOE) story short, a few years ago, I stopped letting trivial shit get me worked up.
A bunch of talk and a few cancelled orders here and there seems pretty trivial to me so I just don't care. His work is superb and he had a design that met my needs incredibly well.
The little Italian cobbler I use is a raging racist. He's not violent and he won't turn down business from an ethnic person, he just uses some colorful language in a derogatory tone. He also does good work at a great price. That's what matters to me, I don't have to be his friend.
An accountant I've used is likely one of the gayest individuals on the planet. He's not trying to stick it in my ass. He does good work at a fair price.

There are so many huge issues about which to be irate, yet people focus on trivial shit constantly.

I like to think of JW as the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld. He has a very precise set of rules that he requires his customers to follow. If you can't/don't want to follow them, he's just as happy for you to not order his goods.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
Very long (and unrelated to SOE) story short, a few years ago, I stopped letting trivial shit get me worked up.
A bunch of talk and a few cancelled orders here and there seems pretty trivial to me so I just don't care. His work is superb and he had a design that met my needs incredibly well.
The little Italian cobbler I use is a raging racist. He's not violent and he won't turn down business from an ethnic person, he just uses some colorful language in a derogatory tone. He also does good work at a great price. That's what matters to me, I don't have to be his friend.
An accountant I've used is likely one of the gayest individuals on the planet. He's not trying to stick it in my ass. He does good work at a fair price.

There are so many huge issues about which to be irate, yet people focus on trivial shit constantly.

I like to think of JW as the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld. He has a very precise set of rules that he requires his customers to follow. If you can't/don't want to follow them, he's just as happy for you to not order his goods.
Good analogy. But I still think he's a raging douchebag. There are plenty of other excellent gear companies out there to choose from. I can think of at least 7 or 8 right now that make high end gear to suit almost any need and somehow they manage to not act like they do. Any company that says "you'll get your gear when we're damn good and ready to send it to you" and then makes it a policy to berate the customer publicly and by name if they inquire about their order, can kiss off. Screw that noise. When I spend that kind of money, I want good communication and a defined time line for delivery. And I expect them to meet that time line.

Oh yeah, I forgot about him being an ex-con that actually spent time in prison. No thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Laufen and freedom

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
Good analogy. But I still think he's a raging douchebag. There are plenty of other excellent gear companies out there to choose from. I can think of at least 7 or 8 right now that make high end gear to suit almost any need and somehow they manage to not act like giant assholes. Any company that says "you'll get your gear when we're damn good and ready to send it to you" and then makes it a policy to berate the customer publicly and by name if they inquire about their order, can eat a bag of diseased dicks. Fuck that noise. When I spend that kind of money, I want good communication and a defined time line for delivery. And I expect them to meet that time line.

For some reason, I was thinking you didn't curse.

Semi-Pro

Woodsman
May 17, 2015
Smalltown, GA
4Sevens Flashlight
Buck Fixed blade knife
Calcutta Sunglasses
Walther P99
Columbia Outerwear
Gortex Rainsuit

These are the items that have not worn out when all the others are gone

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
my go to gear vendors:

aimpoint
benelli
israeli weapons industries
norinco
daniel defense
gerber (cheap but it works)
glock
mountain khaki pants

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
Good analogy. But I still think he's a raging douchebag. There are plenty of other excellent gear companies out there to choose from. I can think of at least 7 or 8 right now that make high end gear to suit almost any need and somehow they manage to not act like they do. Any company that says "you'll get your gear when we're damn good and ready to send it to you" and then makes it a policy to berate the customer publicly and by name if they inquire about their order, can kiss off. Screw that noise. When I spend that kind of money, I want good communication and a defined time line for delivery. And I expect them to meet that time line.

Oh yeah, I forgot about him being an ex-con that actually spent time in prison. No thanks.
Then don't buy his stuff, but don't let it affect you either. Wipe his existence from your mind.

As for the ex-con bit, it doesn't bother me. He's not working in a sensitive field, he's making high quality fabric bags......and Dick Marcinko spent time in club fed as well....got beef with him?

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
Then don't buy his stuff, but don't let it affect you either. Wipe his existence from your mind.

As for the ex-con bit, it doesn't bother me. He's not working in a sensitive field, he's making high quality fabric bags......and Dick Marcinko spent time in club fed as well....got beef with him?

That's exactly the course I've taken. It's all good. But seriously, you can't compare him to Marcinko.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Glock
NSR Tactical holsters
Galco
Special Operations Equipment
Hexmags
Pmags
Noveske
Bravo Company
Apple
Danner Boots
Pipe Hitters Union shirts and hats
Weber Grills
Panasonic Viera TV's
Rocaro chairs (@SafeCracka)
Victory motorcycles
Bell helmets
Nike athletic
Budweiser
Benchmades Knives
Delta Airlines
Oakley eyewear
Trojan

SafeCracka

Little Bitch
Trusted Trader
Mar 29, 2015
Screenshot City
Zip code
Glock
NSR Tactical holsters
Galco
Special Operations Equipment
Hexmags
Pmags
Noveske
Bravo Company
Apple
Danner Boots
Pipe Hitters Union shirts and hats
Weber Grills
Panasonic Viera TV's
Rocaro chairs (@SafeCracka)
Victory motorcycles
Bell helmets
Nike athletic
Budweiser
Benchmades Knives
Delta Airlines
Oakley eyewear
Trojan

American Security Products "AMSEC"

Reactions: dougiemac

Bruce

Hunter
Sep 28, 2015
Kennesaw
1. I've been wearing 5.11 pants for years. Went from cotton to tac-lites. Anybody tried the stryker or other high dollar models?
2. As for the tactical bags, all that 1000D with molle straps and all those little pouches is just too darn heavy. Makes you look like a target too.
3. Mora Knives. They work good and look like a kitchen knife, so they don't scare women and sissies.
4. Seiko Solar diver's watches. No batteries to replace, and no dealing with city boy jewelers (whose idea of an adventure outing is going to zoo) asking if you really need a waterproof watch resealed.