380 Galloway Reduced Power Hammer Spring for LCP

Faktory 47

kraigster414

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
Northern VA
The claim is that it will reduce the LCP trigger pull weight by1.5 pounds with full ignition on standard primers. That's interesting and I would love to try it except for the fact that it requires a detail strip of the gun. That I am in no hurry to do. Has anyone tried this part in their Ruger LCP?

Hmm, is it possible that all Ruger did to lighten the trigger on the latest LCP was to use a lighter hammer spring? I'd have to examine a new one to see. Just a thought. I could be totally off base.

kraigster414

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
Northern VA
Back to Galloway posting after a long hiatus.....do these folks actually know what they are selling, how to install, etc etc. Their website is short on specs, short on who makes their stuff, etc.,,case in point their Nano trigger sp ring kit, 3 little springs for 20 bucks :eek:. They say it provides a nice smooth trigger - a "smooth" trigger doesn't mean a lighter trigger and I have seen some very snarly light triggers in my day - gritty and worse, out of the box M&Ps are a prime example. So what do they mean - replacement springs will not provide by themselves a smooth trigger. Does it also reduce the pull weight, do they provide instructions on how to install, again who manufactures the springs. I am just not getting the warm fuzzies. Help me out here.

The only thing I can reasonably vouch for is that the 13lb dual recoil spring for the LCP offered at their site is from Wolff although they don't mention that. They also don't mention that the 13 lb spring makes racking the LCP slide difficult for some folks with med issues and for more than a few women. They would be better off with the 11lb spring that Galloway does not offer (why not?) and is a better compromise IMHO and you can buy directly from Wolff. Bottom line there is nothing wrong with the stock Ruger 9lb dual recoil spring.