Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds V3

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Having second thoughts about selling my PTR. PTR Industries discontinued that model, now they make a version with a poly handguard. No rail on it, no ability to attach rail or bipod.
Maybe I should just keep it. What does @Kalash Klub say?

Never sell something if you think you're going to regret it.

Unless the mortgage is due or the kids can't eat.

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
Having second thoughts about selling my PTR. PTR Industries discontinued that model, now they make a version with a poly handguard. No rail on it, no ability to attach rail or bipod.

Keep it, if you think that you'll miss it, or be unable to replace it.

3clicks_Off

Practicing Freedom
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 1, 2016
Cartersville
Zip code
I asked the chicken God and the chicken God said to keep it!!!

IMG_20211101_151435372.jpg

Huddy

Tracker
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 5, 2016
Cumming, GA
Zip code
Hmm. Consensus seems to be to keep it.
I will not be able to replace it.
Need to find something else else to sell.
BCM or DD?
One of Geissles? But they are SO nice!!!!
Even if it's not a available in the future, what will the increase in value over time be? Does it serve a specific purpose, or fill a gap in a load out, or do you want to pass it on to heirs bc of sentimental value? Like many firearms, if it takes 20 years to go up 10x in value....it's not really a great investment. If you like it and don't need the $, keep it. If it is irrelevant enough to have already decided to sell it, I suppose it doesn't really mean much. I'd sell it.

Edit: I'll give you tree-fiddy

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
Even if it's not a available in the future, what will the increase in value over time be? Does it serve a specific purpose, or fill a gap in a load out, or do you want to pass it on to heirs bc of sentimental value? Like many firearms, if it takes 20 years to go up 10x in value....it's not really a great investment. If you like it and don't need the $, keep it. If it is irrelevant enough to have already decided to sell it, I suppose it doesn't really mean much. I'd sell it.

Edit: I'll give you tree-fiddy
Bolt-action accuracy out of semi-auto rifle. Probably the most accurate 7.62x39 semi-auto ever made.
Originally bought to supress, but now ACE is in that role. I have not shot the PTR in 2 or 3 years.