Faktory 47

3clicks_Off

Practicing Freedom
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 1, 2016
Cartersville
Zip code
My dad had a heart attack today. Emory Eastside hospital put 3 stints in and couldn't get his blood pressure up so they transferred him to Piedmont. He's in the cardiac ICU right now. Looking like they're gonna have to do a bypass. Prayers would be appreciated.
Sorry to hear
Prayers for your dad

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Good to know.
My house is now 13 years old, so the water heater can’t last too much longer.
But I’d like to put it off as long as possible.

If you don't have one already, make sure they put a pan under the new one with a drain line routed outside.

lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
My dad had a heart attack today. Emory Eastside hospital put 3 stints in and couldn't get his blood pressure up so they transferred him to Piedmont. He's in the cardiac ICU right now. Looking like they're gonna have to do a bypass. Prayers would be appreciated.

Damn man.
Definitely praying brother.

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
You know it
I hope you've signed up for all of the hotel points programs to cash in later on; Hilton is being especially giving right now with the drop in Covid travel ... I've already hit Diamond with them this year with only a few long stays (also hit top tier with IHG and about to renew Ambassador with Marriott in the next few stays).

Don't get me wrong, Covid sucks, but it's a great time to hit status with hotels and earn 4X points with some of them

3clicks_Off

Practicing Freedom
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 1, 2016
Cartersville
Zip code
If you don't have one already, make sure they put a pan under the new one with a drain line routed outside.
For sure
I would be sourcing parts
Took me 3 days to get a water heater and thermal expansion tank.
Got lucky and a friend of a cousin was a plumber and had them snag one from the supply house.

All home depot and lowes had was natural gas, no electric 50 gal but I did get my pan at HD

lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
I hope you've signed up for all of the hotel points programs to cash in later on; Hilton is being especially giving right now with the drop in Covid travel ... I've already hit Diamond with them this year with only a few long stays (also hit top tier with IHG and about to renew Ambassador with Marriott in the next few stays).

Don't get me wrong, Covid sucks, but it's a great time to hit status with hotels and earn 4X points with some of them

I hit Diamond for life last year.
Used to be platinum with ihg, but we don’t use them much anymore.
Silver for life with Marriott, hoping to get that up to gold for life.

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
For sure
I would be sourcing parts
Took me 3 days to get a water heater and thermal expansion tank.
Got lucky and a friend of a cousin was a plumber and had them snag one from the supply house.

All home depot and lowes had was natural gas, no electric 50 gal but I did get my pan at HD
You make me nervous, my water heater has been issue-free since 2002, of course now that I post this, it'll probably blow up through my roof tomorrow morning...

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
I hit Diamond for life last year.
Used to be platinum with ihg, but we don’t use them much anymore.
Silver for life with Marriott, hoping to get that up to gold for life.
I quit Hilton about 5 years ago after being Diamond and never getting crap out of it (other than basic points and a few promos and a rare upgrade); I'm also cheap and don't like hitting my stations with big hotel bills when I can stay cheaper just down the St. - but there were a few occasions this year where Hilton properties were actually cheaper, so I made Diamond with their extra (Covid) points promos, so I'm not bitching.

IHG and Marriott equally suck this year, but, I try to keep status with both so my wife and I can use points for free stays at their high-end spots. (Yes, I'm a whore if it gets me good free stuff).

lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
I quit Hilton about 5 years ago after being Diamond and never getting crap out of it (other than basic points and a few promos and a rare upgrade); I'm also cheap and don't like hitting my stations with big hotel bills when I can stay cheaper just down the St. - but there were a few occasions this year where Hilton properties were actually cheaper, so I made Diamond with their extra (Covid) points promos, so I'm not bitching.

IHG and Marriott equally suck this year, but, I try to keep status with both so my wife and I can use points for free stays at their high-end spots. (Yes, I'm a whore if it gets me good free stuff).

That’s what the points are all about.
Vacationing without a hotel bill.

Jstegman1

Clown Baby
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Da moon

Yeah, definitely. Them and airlines