Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds V3

GA Firing Line

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
I don’t understand this general belief.
It you leave the finish as is it’s worth more, even though it looks like shit.
But if you have it re-blued to protect it for another hundred years and make it look nice, it’s worth less.

I have an 1897 take down that I’m struggling with.
Yeah, it’s the collectors who drive that ideology. They’d rather know the finish was original and have a small amount of “honest wear” or “patina” than have something refinished by a newer method.

I was a collector, and went by the same ideal until one day I realized that NONE of my stuff was destined for a museum, and that when I die it’ll all get sold off to fund something more important for my family.

So now I only *try* to buy stuff that I really have a purpose for using.

But I’ve still got a lot of my ‘collection’ hanging around that I’ve gotta find a new home for.
Just haven’t been motivated enough to do it.

lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
Yeah, it’s the collectors who drive that ideology. They’d rather know the finish was original and have a small amount of “honest wear” or “patina” than have something refinished by a newer method.

I was a collector, and went by the same ideal until one day I realized that NONE of my stuff was destined for a museum, and that when I die it’ll all get sold off to fund something more important for my family.

So now I only *try* to buy stuff that I really have a purpose for using.

But I’ve still got a lot of my ‘collection’ hanging around that I’ve gotta find a new home for.
Just haven’t been motivated enough to do it.

I went to the NRA museum about 10 years ago. They have a 30-40 krag that had been reworked to be a beautiful hunting rifle and it had been re-blued.
It was the best bluing job I had ever seen. Absolutely Gorgeous!

But let’s leave old guns with no finish on them so they can get more pitted and pitiful every year.

And yet, I still haven’t t done anything with my 1897 or my 30-40 krag that have been in the family for 3 maybe 4 generations.