First CM9 Range Trip

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Yogi 117

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Salem OR
Finally got to the range this afternoon for the initial range session with the CM9 I picked up Friday. Had the range all to myself, as I'm the only dummy shooting outdoors between 4-5:30 in 94 degree temps. I have to say I'm extremely happy after 250 rounds, using 3 different 6 round magazines, that my CM9 did NOT have a single hiccup. All rounds fired free hand at the 10 yard line, they all ejected & slide stayed open on every single last round. I'm a happy camper today. Target on the left is the 1st 100 FMJ's & target on the right is the 2nd 100 FMJ's, American Eagle 124 grain. The white target is a 50 round box of Speer Gold Dots 124 grain +P, and while my accuracy wasn't great for a first time out, it wasn't bad either. I started to hone in on the center of the 2nd target towards the end. I'm so glad I finally purchased the CM9. Yogi 8)

AKahrRangeTrip_zpsea7fc352.jpg

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Good work for first time out Yogi! Notice much difference with the +p rounds in that little guy?.. And yeah BDD 's right. What if the bg has body armor?? ;)

Yogi 117

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Salem OR
bigdogdaddy said:
Yogi you gotta get your money's worth out of those paper targets. Head shots man!
No kidding, next range trip. Never has been my forte going for the head, but what the heck! I was out to get the CM9 field tested, and man I'm a very happy camper tonight, the thing was flawless in every way! Have to admit though, my right hand feels like it's been rubbed with sand paper & I developed 2 blisters, but who's countin'? Yogi 8)

Yogi 117

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Salem OR
framedcraig1 said:
Good work for first time out Yogi! Notice much difference with the +p rounds in that little guy?.. And yeah BDD 's right. What if the bg has body armor?? ;)
Felt a little difference in the standard FMJ & the +P JHP, but not enough to never carry the +P. I don't even want to think about body armor at this point, just wanted to hone the 'lil beauty in. I'm going to love this CM9, no question about it. I think the LCP is going to lose a lot of carry time, it's that great! Yogi 8)

R

rayzer007

Yogi 117 said:
my CM9 did NOT have a single hiccup.

Just like your Uncle Ray said it would be! :D
I'm very happy for you my friend, I know what it feels like. Elsie will now have major competition for carry time ;)
Nothing compares to a thoroughly satisfying weapon acquisition. Yogi is in 7th heaven, God is on His throne, all is well. Enjoy!

Ray

P.S. A slice of an old bicycle inner tube stretched across the grip does wonders.

Yogi 117

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Salem OR
rayzer007 said:
Yogi 117 said:
my CM9 did NOT have a single hiccup.

Just like your Uncle Ray said it would be! :D
I'm very happy for you my friend, I know what it feels like. Elsie will now have major competition for carry time ;)
Nothing compares to a thoroughly satisfying weapon acquisition. Yogi is in 7th heaven, God is on His throne, all is well. Enjoy!

Ray

P.S. A slice of an old bicycle inner tube stretched across the grip does wonders.

Thx my friend, you were SO RIGHT! My brother has extra inner tube, and that's the next thing I do. Yogi 8)

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
Why did you shoot that guy on the right in the family jewels? ;D ;D

Good report and it is always good to have a good functioning new gun!

Yogi 117

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Salem OR
lws380 said:
Why did you shoot that guy on the right in the family jewels? ;D ;D

Good report and it is always good to have a good functioning new gun!
Just another "Flyer". If I aimed at the "Family Jewels", I would probably hit the liver! lol Yogi :eek:

Yogi 117

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Salem OR
Trigger_1 said:
YOGI...........YaaaaaHooooooo............I knew you would like it..... ;) ;) ;)
You were absolutely right my friend. Thx for posting a pic of your CM9 for me to drool over 'til I got mine! Replaced Elsie today with the CM9 in front R pocket, I think I found a new best friend & companion. Yogi 8)

kraigster414

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
Northern VA
Yogi 117 said:
Finally got to the range this afternoon for the initial range session with the CM9 I picked up Friday. Had the range all to myself, as I'm the only dummy shooting outdoors between 4-5:30 in 94 degree temps. I have to say I'm extremely happy after 250 rounds, using 3 different 6 round magazines, that my CM9 did NOT have a single hiccup. All rounds fired free hand at the 10 yard line, they all ejected & slide stayed open on every single last round. I'm a happy camper today. Target on the left is the 1st 100 FMJ's & target on the right is the 2nd 100 FMJ's, American Eagle 124 grain. The white target is a 50 round box of Speer Gold Dots 124 grain +P, and while my accuracy wasn't great for a first time out, it wasn't bad either. I started to hone in on the center of the 2nd target towards the end. I'm so glad I finally purchased the CM9. Yogi 8)

Did you expect any different? :). Good going!

Yogi 117

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Salem OR
kraigster414 said:
Yogi 117 said:

Did you expect any different? :). Good going!
Thx Rich. Actually didn't know what to expect after reading about all the break-in problems over at Kahrtalk. Guess I did a great job prepping her, God only knows both my forearms are sore from hand-racking this beauty all weekend, bet it was over 500 times for sure. Loaded her up with HST 124 grain +P JHP's today and carried in my jeans front pocket all day, not a problem at all. LCP isn't going to get much, if any, pocket time now! Love this baby! Yogi :D :D :D

R

rayzer007

Yogi 117 said:
If I aimed at the "Family Jewels", I would probably hit the liver! lol Yogi :eek:

In all honesty Yog, a liver shot should be extremely effective. The shot liver (pun intended) of several drunks I know ended their lives rather quickly! :D

Ray

Yogi 117

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Salem OR
rayzer007 said:
Yogi 117 said:
If I aimed at the "Family Jewels", I would probably hit the liver! lol Yogi :eek:

In all honesty Yog, a liver shot should be extremely effective. The shot liver (pun intended) of several drunks I know ended their lives rather quickly! :D

Ray
Ray, you are so correct on a liver shot. My younger brother is an M.D., and he says the liver shot will stop a BG very quickly. Maybe I should keep aiming at the "Family Jewels", huh? lol Yogi 8)

Yogi 117

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Salem OR
kraigster414 said:
Yog, I would trust what you read at this site more! :)
Not to worry, I just go over there for reading info more than anything. You learn real quick who & what to trust! I've always been fond of these LCP/Compact sites! Yogi 8)