First aid kit

GA Firing Line

Glock 21

Woodsman
Mar 26, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Just starting to dabble a little in the bug out bag world and was looking for some suggestions on a good first aid kit. My plans are to keep it in my truck at all times and the goal is mainly caring for myself and family which includes 2 small boys 2 and 3 years of age. Any suggestions on ready made kits or ideas on a DIY kit?

Glock 21

Woodsman
Mar 26, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Do you have any training above just your basic first aid classes taught by EMT's?

No and I should have added that thanks. I've had CPR and some trauma management but nothing major so my kit would not need to be over complex as I would just be staring at stuff wondering where it all went lol

madHatter

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Fuckville
Gauze bandages in assorted sizes
Band aids (duh)
Triple antibiotic ointment
Triangle bandages
Gloves (another duh)
Some sort of eye protection
Face protection
Bandanas
Alcohol swabs
Iodine (or similar) prep pads
Cloth tape (or electrical tape, don't use duct tape unless you really really need to)
Sharpie markers (yes, plural)
Antihistamine, ibuprofen, anilti-diahreal
And any rx meds required.

There is a good start for you. Any questions sent a.pm. I will go over my stuff there.

Reactions: Glock 21

Glock 21

Woodsman
Mar 26, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Gauze bandages in assorted sizes
Band aids (duh)
Triple antibiotic ointment
Triangle bandages
Gloves (another duh)
Some sort of eye protection
Face protection
Bandanas
Alcohol swabs
Iodine (or similar) prep pads
Cloth tape (or electrical tape, don't use duct tape unless you really really need to)
Sharpie markers (yes, plural)
Antihistamine, ibuprofen, anilti-diahreal
And any rx meds required.

There is a good start for you. Any questions sent a.pm. I will go over my stuff there.

Thanks! Planning to have this ready to go no later than Sept the first for our trip to Tybee (yes I'll be growing some jelly fish sting relief in) Any packs you would suggest organizing everything in?

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Just starting to dabble a little in the bug out bag world and was looking for some suggestions on a good first aid kit. My plans are to keep it in my truck at all times and the goal is mainly caring for myself and family which includes 2 small boys 2 and 3 years of age. Any suggestions on ready made kits or ideas on a DIY kit?
Every once in a while drugstore.com has 20% off on everything on the site. I've picked up some great kits from them for a reasonable rate.

http://www.drugstore.com/medicine-and-health/first-aid-kits/qxg184292-0

Last edited:

Jacob Villers

Woodsman
Aug 16, 2015
Elizabeth WV
I have a TK4, quickly sponge, duct tape and a thin Cinch on my all the time. Then in various bags in various places izzy bandages, a bunch of tk4s, a couple cat tourniquet, tons of gauze, some burn sheets, sterile water, BVM, various other stuff. Have multiple ways to stop bleeding for starters.

JMUshotgunner

Hunter
Aug 9, 2015
Virginia
I'm still pretty new to preparedness and such. and I'm on a college budget, so I don't have a BOB yet. But I know a lot of people recommend putting a TQ on the outside. And it's good to have a TQ readily available in a lot of different places, like the car. So if your BOB has PALS on it, check out http://www.sheepdog.systems/ My friend Andy makes a really nice, low profile TQ holder.