Fireclean, aka Crisco?

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Sheps

Woodsman
Jun 24, 2015
www.youtube.com
Zip code
en5 1ae
I saw this somewhere else, it's not quite the same but yea, it does appear to be basically veg oil. Assuming that chart is actually for the product it says it's for.

I just don't see what all the fuss is about. Sorry if you got ripped off, but I mean, if I can sell pet rocks to people who is really the one at fault? ;)

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
I saw this somewhere else, it's not quite the same but yea, it does appear to be basically veg oil. Assuming that chart is actually for the product it says it's for.

I just don't see what all the fuss is about. Sorry if you got ripped off, but I mean, if I can sell pet rocks to people who is really the one at fault? ;)
It's no surprise really. There are several gun oils on the market that are made from food based oils. Froglube, Fireclean, fp-10 and Seal-1 are all food based. That's why the Froglube proponents used to tout that you could eat it and it wouldn't hurt you. Whatever Froglube is made from spoils easier and gums up worse. Fireclean really does work well, but I'm not happy about spending $15 on a bottle of canola oil. The most interesting point in the vuurwapen blog post by Andrew is that there don't appear to be any additives. So that sort takes the "special formulation" idea off of the table.

TattooedGunner

Frontiersman
Mar 31, 2015
Cedartown, GA
Zip code

Pet rocks are great! You don't have to feed them or care for them. They don't make any noise. You don't have to get somebody to watch them when you go on vacation. They don't crap in the house, or in the yard. Basically they don't do any of the stuff that makes me not like pets.

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
FIRECLEAN's official response....careful, the butthurt is strong.

------

We would like to address recent false or misleading allegations that range from simply misguided to false, defamatory, and libelous. These attacks have been made by competitors and others that paint our product in a false or misleading light. The allegations do not focus on actual performance or relevant tests, and draw a misleading picture.

FIREClean™ Advanced Gun Oil is a specifically formulated, technically superior weapon reliability solution that resists the harshest firing with enormous heat and carbon overload that seize most weapons. It is a formulation- made specifically for exceptional reliability in firearms and weapons- not a re-labeled or re-packaged product.

FIREClean™ has been proven in combat in Afghanistan by US Special Operations Forces, and is in use by Army, Navy, Marine Corps, and Air Force Special Operations. It is also in use by elements of the FBI, DHS, DEA, CBP, Secret Service, Department of State, various intelligence agencies as well as numerous State and Local Law Enforcement Agencies.

FIREClean™ has been successfully tested on and is in use on weapons from handguns and shotguns to fully automatic and suppressed individual weapons. It has also been successfully tested on and is in use on crew served weapons from 5.56mm M249s to 40mm Automatic Grenade Launchers.

In addition to over 3 years of Combat and Service/Duty usage, FIREClean™ has been used on the competition circuit by the best shooters in the world, including the US Army Marksmanship Unit. It has been used to win multiple National Championships in Pistol, 3 Gun, Sniping, and many other competitive shooting disciplines.

We are proud to be of service to those that bear arms in defense of our freedom, those that serve to keep us safe in our communities, and those that carry firearms for self defense. We are also pleased to be of service to tens of thousands of competitors, hunters, and recreational shooters- all of whom appreciate the highest possible levels of reliability and safety.

We believe that our performance speaks for itself. We offer what we and many others regard as the best, highest performing product on the market. We have not commented on the formulation, nor will we do so now. We have focused on performance, and we will continue to do so.

Rest assured that we will defend our good name against false, defamatory and libelous allegations using the full measure of remedies available to us.

Thank you for your time and consideration."

- See more at: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...tement-on-canolaoilgate/#sthash.xzwOrALq.dpuf

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
So much tactical in these 5 words alone. So. Much.
dynamic-story-300x300.jpg

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code

------

We would like to address recent false or misleading allegations that range from simply misguided to false, defamatory, and libelous. These attacks have been made by competitors and others that paint our product in a false or misleading light. The allegations do not focus on actual performance or relevant tests, and draw a misleading picture.

FIREClean™ Advanced Gun Oil is a specifically formulated, technically superior weapon reliability solution that resists the harshest firing with enormous heat and carbon overload that seize most weapons. It is a formulation- made specifically for exceptional reliability in firearms and weapons- not a re-labeled or re-packaged product.

FIREClean™ has been proven in combat in Afghanistan by US Special Operations Forces, and is in use by Army, Navy, Marine Corps, and Air Force Special Operations. It is also in use by elements of the FBI, DHS, DEA, CBP, Secret Service, Department of State, various intelligence agencies as well as numerous State and Local Law Enforcement Agencies.

FIREClean™ has been successfully tested on and is in use on weapons from handguns and shotguns to fully automatic and suppressed individual weapons. It has also been successfully tested on and is in use on crew served weapons from 5.56mm M249s to 40mm Automatic Grenade Launchers.

In addition to over 3 years of Combat and Service/Duty usage, FIREClean™ has been used on the competition circuit by the best shooters in the world, including the US Army Marksmanship Unit. It has been used to win multiple National Championships in Pistol, 3 Gun, Sniping, and many other competitive shooting disciplines.

We are proud to be of service to those that bear arms in defense of our freedom, those that serve to keep us safe in our communities, and those that carry firearms for self defense. We are also pleased to be of service to tens of thousands of competitors, hunters, and recreational shooters- all of whom appreciate the highest possible levels of reliability and safety.

We believe that our performance speaks for itself. We offer what we and many others regard as the best, highest performing product on the market. We have not commented on the formulation, nor will we do so now. We have focused on performance, and we will continue to do so.

Rest assured that we will defend our good name against false, defamatory and libelous allegations using the full measure of remedies available to us.

- See more at: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...tement-on-canolaoilgate/#sthash.xzwOrALq.dpuf

Utter bullshit, Fireclean is not Authorized for use in the M4, M249, M240B, MK19, or any other weapon in the Army inventory. I trained for years w/ the Army Marksman ship unit, and none of them used Fireclean, and they sure as hell didnt use it at any shooting matches...

Abishai

Tracker
Kalash Klub
Mar 30, 2015
GA
Zip code

------

So , yea it is Crisco we are selling just don't you dare call it that LOL

Reactions: Shemp

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
We would like to address recent false or misleading allegations that range from simply misguided to false, defamatory, and libelous

I'm not sure what they mean here...are they trying to say someone is lying?

lol. The "oh shit they figured it out" is strong

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
We have not commented on the formulation, nor will we do so now.

lol...well if you would it might help to dispel the "myth"

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Alright, now I want to go clean some of my guns with Canola oil.

Is that the right one or is it basically any vegetable oil?

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
Alright, now I want to go clean some of my guns with Canola oil.

Is that the right one or is it basically any vegetable oil?
From the test results, canola appears close to the same thing. I think the trick is figuring out which vegetable based oil won't gum up badly and won't smell like crap when it gets hot. There was some discussion specifically about not using soybean derivatives. I'd have to assume that's because it doesn't do as well.
And cost about 8$ for a 7oz bottle
Naw man, you need a higher price point and less product!

I'm really on the fence with this whole thing. Fireclean works, it really does. And I like that it's non-toxic. I'm really tempted to buy some canola oil, put it in an applicator and run it in my suppressed SBR, just to see what happens.

Sheps

Woodsman
Jun 24, 2015
www.youtube.com
Zip code
en5 1ae
If they say it's hot shit and totally not crisco, why doesn't someone run a couple hundred rounds with crisco and see how it works.

Those spectroscopy readings are different. The three things tested are not the same, but do appear to be very, very similar. Again, whether or not it's actually Fireclean I don't know.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
If they say it's hot shit and totally not crisco, why doesn't someone run a couple hundred rounds with crisco and see how it works.

Those spectroscopy readings are different. The three things tested are not the same, but do appear to be very, very similar. Again, whether or not it's actually Fireclean I don't know.
It's his patent applications that are pretty telling, it describes a re-use of vegetable oil or combination of different veg oils for use as a gun lube.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
It's his patent applications that are pretty telling, it describes a re-use of vegetable oil or combination of different veg oils for use as a gun lube.
Do you have a patent number? The claims will spell it out very clearly.