Fast and Loud

Howard Law

Verticoli

Personal philosophy? Clothing optional.
Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
Anybody see Fast and Loud where they trasformed a '78 Ford Fairmont into a chrome drift car? Guess what my daily driver is, the same car! 2 door coupe with ice cold air and a v-8. Bummer though, they couldn't sell the car for love or money. :(

BubbaDX

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I have never watched this series but it looks pretty interesting. I am going to see if I can stream it from Netflix or Hulu or somewhere. No pay-TV at my house.

Verticoli

Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
that '67 Vett was a honey! Did you catch that there's been more sold as 427 tri power than Chevy made? Somebody got some 'splainin to do! 8)

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
Verticoli said:
that '67 Vett was a honey! Did you catch that there's been more sold as 427 tri power than Chevy made? Somebody got some 'splainin to do! 8)

Yeah he paid 25g for the vett asked 45 and sold it for 35. But the buyer said he would have paid 40-45. I would have stood my ground on that one a little longer, he caved on 35 way too fast even though he does allot of business with that guy, still he could have made allot more money on that car. That car is not one to do a fast flip on.

Silverfox1

Hunter
Jun 10, 2012
Louisville, KY
I missed that episode, but I really enjoy the show. What vision they have. I see a basket case, but they see the potential in it and man do they make the transition fast. I guess the word "fast" in the shows title has a double meaning.

Verticoli

Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
Tickles me that they call it a box on a box. I posted this post and took this pic and guess what? Fuel pump died. Anywho, the Ford and my War Wagon.

003-5.jpg

Silverfox1

Hunter
Jun 10, 2012
Louisville, KY
gunjunkie said:
That Vette was sweet. They never even mentioned the Baldwin sticker on the fender.
I just caught a re-run of the episode everyone is talking about. Loved the Vette! My brother has had 3 Vette's. He had a '66 Coupe w/ 427, then a 66' roadster (small block), and now a '96 LT4. What's the significance of the Bladwin Chevrolet sticker on the Vette's fender?

gunjunkie

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
Texas Panhandle
The original Baldwin-Motion Performance Group (1967-1974) represented a partnership between Baldwin Auto Company, a franchised Chevrolet dealership dating back to the early-1920s and Motion Performance, a high-profile speed shop with a reputation for building fast Chevys. Both were located in Baldwin, Long Island, NY, a New York City suburb.

Baldwin Chevrolet was run by Ed Simonin, son of its founder, August “Gus” Simonin, and Ed’s brother-in-law, Dave Bean. Motion Performance started life at a Sunoco service station in Brooklyn, NY in the late-1950s. In 1963, after Joel Rosen, then a junior partner, installed a Clayton chassis dynamometer, signage was changed to reflect the true nature of his business. In 1966, Rosen incorporated as Motion Performance, Inc. and relocated to his own shop at 598 Sunrise Highway, Baldwin, NY.

Starting in 1967 and running through 1974, Baldwin-Motion offered SS (425-hp) and Phase III (500-hp and up) big-block Camaros, Novas, Chevelles, Corvettes and Biscayne Street Racer Specials. Cars were sold at Baldwin Chevrolet or Motion Performance, converted by Motion and financed and delivered by Baldwin. Phase III 427 and 454 cars came with a written, money back, quarter-mile performance guaranty from Joel Rosen.

Silverfox1

Hunter
Jun 10, 2012
Louisville, KY
gunjunkie said:
The original Baldwin-Motion Performance Group (1967-1974) represented a partnership between Baldwin Auto Company, a franchised Chevrolet dealership dating back to the early-1920s and Motion Performance, a high-profile speed shop with a reputation for building fast Chevys. Both were located in Baldwin, Long Island, NY, a New York City suburb.

Baldwin Chevrolet was run by Ed Simonin, son of its founder, August “Gus” Simonin, and Ed’s brother-in-law, Dave Bean. Motion Performance started life at a Sunoco service station in Brooklyn, NY in the late-1950s. In 1963, after Joel Rosen, then a junior partner, installed a Clayton chassis dynamometer, signage was changed to reflect the true nature of his business. In 1966, Rosen incorporated as Motion Performance, Inc. and relocated to his own shop at 598 Sunrise Highway, Baldwin, NY.

Starting in 1967 and running through 1974, Baldwin-Motion offered SS (425-hp) and Phase III (500-hp and up) big-block Camaros, Novas, Chevelles, Corvettes and Biscayne Street Racer Specials. Cars were sold at Baldwin Chevrolet or Motion Performance, converted by Motion and financed and delivered by Baldwin. Phase III 427 and 454 cars came with a written, money back, quarter-mile performance guaranty from Joel Rosen.
Wow, I'm sure my brother would have known all that, he's just enough older than me to have been a part of the muscle car years. By the time I was able to drive, emission controls and higher insurance, and gasoline had all but done away with the true muscle cars. The difference 5 years or so can make. Thanks for the info.

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
That 454 has always been such a strong..well built engine. Unbelievable sound. My neighbor had one, and we could always tell when he was leaving for work at 5:00 each morning....;)