Clove hitch:
FXJQMC5HN6C26Y6.LARGE.gif

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
Does this clarify your understanding now @rOmiLaYu?
I suppose it potaytoe, potahtoe. I use the larks head when I'm in need of two shots of rope off of a central anchor point, dual rappel, tie-downs, or what have you. You're using the term "joining" to mean two ends of two ropes whereas I just mean bringing them together.

madHatter

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Fuckville
I suppose it potaytoe, potahtoe. I use the larks head when I'm in need of two shots of rope off of a central anchor point, dual rappel, tie-downs, or what have you. You're using the term "joining" to mean two ends of two ropes whereas I just mean bringing them together.
Ah. Gotcha

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Good post here- I know basically what I need to know when it comes to knots... and it amazes me when I see some people trying to tie things down in the back of their truck. I swear the tangle of rope is as big as a baseball when they get done "tying a knot"... I had a friend tell me once that my square knot would never hold. :/

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
I'm knot following you guys. I guess I'm at the end of my line on this one. You're just trying to string me along. I guess I got roped into this one.

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I know how to tie my shoes. Does that count?

But I need to learn some actual knots. Got a guy at work that knows a lot of tying techniques. He can do some pretty cool things with some rope. I need to buy book and have some spare ropein the truck when I am bored at work.

madHatter

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Fuckville
I know how to tie my shoes. Does that count?

But I need to learn some actual knots. Got a guy at work that knows a lot of tying techniques. He can do some pretty cool things with some rope. I need to buy book and have some spare ropein the truck when I am bored at work.
Books can be found in the bargain section of Barnes and Noble. Use paracord to learn, preferably two different colors that way you can see if you did it right

Reactions: Cudruln