EoTech refund

American Revival Apparel Company

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
I sent mine in back in December- don't recall exactly when. I had an XPS, but have similar complaints as @DarthVader above- the adjustment screws require a tool to turn (mine were tough to move, which is probably required) and there was no noticeable click. I had to watch the notch on the screw and count how many lines it crossed on the optic body.

I returned it because I had the opportunity to do so- and after mailing it in, I found the EO Tech Pelican case when I was packing stuff out of my closet. I have no idea what I'm going to do with a Pelican case that's only big enough for a can of biscuits.
I always just used my pocket change to adjust the dials. But one of them had nice positive clicks and the other was like mush. Every time is shot it at 100, it had drifted left or right. I love their reticle, but they have real problems.

The battery issues of the older generations had kept me away from them for a long time. Many years ago, I had a 512. When Aimpoint started producing optics with battery life in the thousands of hours, I ditched the 512. When the EXPS came out, I decided to give them another shot. And I gave that optic way too many chances. I had it for a couple of years. And right before the memo came out from DoD, I sold it. Wish I had waited a little longer, so I could have gotten a full refund instead of taking a loss on it. From here on out, it's Aimpoint or nothing.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
I always just used my pocket change to adjust the dials. But one of them had nice positive clicks and the other was like mush. Every time is shot it at 100, it had drifted left or right. I love their reticle, but they have real problems.

The battery issues of the older generations had kept me away from them for a long time. Many years ago, I had a 512. When Aimpoint started producing optics with battery life in the thousands of hours, I ditched the 512. When the EXPS came out, I decided to give them another shot. And I gave that optic way too many chances. I had it for a couple of years. And right before the memo came out from DoD, I sold it. Wish I had waited a little longer, so I could have gotten a full refund instead of taking a loss on it. From here on out, it's Aimpoint or nothing.

Once upon a time, I did have one of the older N-type battery Eo Techs. Sold it for about a $100 loss because the batteries always died- and frankly, I just didn't use it enough to justify the red dot. I can't shoot a red dot of any brand worth a damn at 100 yards. Probably because that's not something I practiced. Red dots are great (in my opinion) up to about 50/75 yards. After that, I want a scope or irons.

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
@DarthVader what issues have the MROs had?

My Google is failing me in finding issues.
There have been the usual 'it's not perfect' assholes. I've been very happy with my MRO. Adjustments are easy with no stupid adjuster caps. The dot is nice and crisp, even with a slight astigmatism. Field of view is friggin fantastic. Can't comment on battery life yet, mine has always been on setting 3 or 4 and battery is running strong. 3 is good for indoors illuminated settings on hazy days. 4 seems to be good for average sunlight.

Still not a lot of options for QR mounts which is disappointing.

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
There have been the usual 'it's not perfect' assholes. I've been very happy with my MRO. Adjustments are easy with no stupid adjuster caps. The dot is nice and crisp, even with a slight astigmatism. Field of view is friggin fantastic. Can't comment on battery life yet, mine has always been on setting 3 or 4 and battery is running strong. 3 is good for indoors illuminated settings on hazy days. 4 seems to be good for average sunlight.

Still not a lot of options for QR mounts which is disappointing.
Word. The only thing I saw online was that if the sun/light is behind you it can reflect pretty bad.

Midwest Industires has some new QD mounts out for it.

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
I have owned 4 or 5 Eotechs over the years and every time I got rid of one I swore I would never get another.

L3 has more money than they know what to do with though so I am sure they don't mind buying them all back.

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
My 512 has been great for the past few years, but getting a FULL refund plus shipping makes me think about sedning it back. Wouldnt mind getting the cash and adding a few $$$ to get an H1 or T1. I just really love to field of view on my Eotech.

Reactions: DarthVader

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Aimpoint Comp ML3 to take it's place.

Green Panther

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, Georgia
military contract
I thought that was part of the initial issue that started this. L3 was putting out a product for military contracts that had sub par performance and they knew it. I doubt there would be a military contract to use the returned and defective sights for military contract product.