Double Taps are BS

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
It's Monday so nothing makes sense to me. WHat is this talk of double taps in the same hole? Are you saying when you do double taps, your follow up shot hits the same spot as your first?

Nope,same girl different holes

Reactions: Dinky Dau

TattooedGunner

Frontiersman
Mar 31, 2015
Cedartown, GA
Zip code
Quote from the guy I took training from: "If you ever have to shoot somebody, get out of the way(move) first, then draw and shoot them a whole bunch." He recommended 3-4 shot controlled bursts.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Well, yeah. On paper, relaxed at the range I guess that's my goal simply because I know it would probably never happen in real life. I do want to keep the shots as close as possible when training, so I can have the hopes of both hitting COM in the event I should ever be forced to draw.
Clamp some vise grips on yer nuts before each drill! That will induce real world stress!

Waterguy

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
North Georgia
Zip code
I did some dt drills today at the range, and after several years of giving it a solid go..it's bullshit. Take an extra .25 seconds, get the front sight back totally on target and stack bullets. The time savings isn't worth the loss of accuracy.

Thoughts?

Just hit the triangle button and rotate the left stick once....that should work. For real though I am shooting till the threat is neutralized.

Reactions: Cudruln