Dick's SG ammo

American Revival Apparel Company

yz9890

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
I was looking at a new bike for my son yesterday and of course wandered over to the firearms section to pick up a new cleaning brush and saw that they were running a "buy 4 get one free" sale on all UMC ammo. their prices are usually at least a couple bucks more than the competition so that's about the only way I'd consider buying ammo there. and even at 5 for 4 you still come out at about even with Walmart in most calibers. what was interesting is that their ammo cabinet was 75% empty. looked as though they were getting rid of it. I hung around to ask someone if that was the case but of course it was Dick's sporting goods and the there was nobody around to help accept the kid in the shoes dpmt and I don't think he knew how to spell his own last name.

Of course no cleaning brushes in sight either.

I wonder if they're getting rid of guns and ammo altogether.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
We have a fairly new Dick's store where I live (2+ years old) and they have always had a very limited selection of firearms and related stuff. Their stock leans heavily toward shotguns with very few rifles and almost no handguns and of course a similar ratio for accessories. There's NOTHING for reloading supplies there. The closest place I have for reloading supplies is Cabela's and that's a half-hour drive away.

M

mukwah

Lot of fishing and camping stuff but to pricey for me unless I can't find what I'm looking for anywhere else!

TRIGGER_1

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
Athens, GA USA
The Dick's store where we live is usually higher priced than other stores....
Most of the time you cant find a sales person unless you holler real loud....
But....Like most stores they do have a good sale once in a while.... :-\

yz9890

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Trigger_1 said:
The Dick's store where we live is usually higher priced than other stores....
Most of the time you cant find a sales person unless you holler real loud....
But....Like most stores they do have a good sale once in a while.... :-

little league and tennis lessons over the years have given us lots of rewards points in their incentive program. but their knowledge base is non existent in the hunting/fishing dpmt. I bought a marlin 60 their a few years ago and I think I'm going to get a safe there next week. finding someone to open the safe so I could check it out was a 20 minute ordeal and both items were/are priced above the competition were it not for the coupons.

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
The one nearest to us closed a while ago. I'd visit and couldn't find a way to spend much money with them. They did have a knowledgable guy at the gun counter and their focus was definitely on shotguns. You could get 12 guage target loads for $4 or so per box. I guess that's about as memorable as they got.