DeSantis Super Fly

Howard Law

karacer

Hunter
Dec 21, 2013
PA
Just curious if anyone has any experience with the DeSantis Super Fly holster for the LCP? I've decided that an LCP will be joining my collection in the very near future(undecided to get the Crimson Trace or Lasermax). I really like the 2 holsters from DeSantis I have for the LC9, and I really like the Remoras I have as well. I like the idea of the removable panel on the Super Fly to break up the possible printing issue for pocket carry. I'm just not sure how much of an issue printing would be with the LCP in pocket carry. I mainly wear jeans if that matters.

Ideas, words of wisdom, would be appreciated. I'm not real concerned about a holster for IWB or OWB, since I have the LC9 and SR9 for those duties. I want the LCP mainly for something to grab and go for that quick trip to the store, or that bump in the night outside where you don't want to be too obvious. I doubt my neighbors would appreciate me walking around the outside with a tactical shotgun...lol

Yogi 117

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Salem OR
The LCP's small size allows for many different pocket holsters to be used effectively. I would say a Super Fly would work just fine. I used to carry my LCP in a Blackhawk pocket holster. Just make sure the trigger is adequately covered & the holster stays put when you practice drawing (with an un-loaded LCP). Personally, for pocket carry, I've switched to a Kydex pocket holster from PJHolsters. I prefer the stout-ness of Kydex in protecting the trigger. Good luck in your search! Yogi 8)

karacer

Hunter
Dec 21, 2013
PA
Thanks for the reply. I definitely want trigger coverage. I'm leaning a lot towards the Super Fly. I have a Remora for my LC9, and for as good as it grabs for IWB, it doesn't seem to have the hold for pocket carry(holster comes out with gun). Maybe it's me.

Thanks again, I'm kind of excited to be adding an LCP to the mix. Just need to see if the one local shop has them in stock and their price. I'll know that tomorrow at work (gotta love a boss who makes a weekly trip to the gun shop, and can talk the owner into throwing deals at his workers...lol) , if not there, another local place has an online ordering/shipped to store, and you get a discount for the online purchase. They definitely have the LCP with Crimson Trace available.

karacer

Hunter
Dec 21, 2013
PA
Thanks for more input. The LCP is ordered, should be here in a few days. I didn't read the description exactly, but after further looking, it comes with a nylon pocket holster. But I went ahead and ordered the Super Fly anyway. MidwayUSA had them on sale for $20, and since I was ordering some .380 ammo and a few other things, I figured that was the best price I could find.

Just curious, is .380 one of the hard to find ammos as well? I've checked 4 places (Cabela's, 2 Walmarts, and Dunhams Sports) and nothing. I'm hoping my Local Place where I'm getting the lcp has some to add to what I ordered, so I can get out and practice.

karacer

Hunter
Dec 21, 2013
PA
I ended up with the Super Fly, so far I like it. Not so sure I'll keep the flap on it, but other than that, comfortable, and easy to draw from.

Not sure how I would like back pocket carry. I carry my wallet in the back pocket, and find myself more and more taking it out and throwing it in the console or on my desk at work.