D Day 6 June 1944

Howard Law

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
DDay.jpg

This has always been my favorite photograph of the “D Day” landing as thousands of troops deployed onto the beaches.

Recognition for this memorable day in American history fades as the number of veterans who survived the landing dwindles.

But taking a few seconds to pause, to remember those days is something I will continue to do. June 6, 1944 was 69 Years ago today.

Pops

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Maine
Amen. The greatest generation saved America and they are almost all gone. Maybe if they were all still here they could land in Washington and take our country back. :eek:

TRIGGER_1

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
Athens, GA USA
Pops said:
Amen. The greatest generation saved America and they are almost all gone. Maybe if they were all still here they could land in Washington and take our country back. :eek:

I bet they would save it again if they were all here.... ;)
Can you imagine what they would do to clean it up.... ;)

mayonardo

What Would Paladin Do?
As a moderator I will say let's keep the discussions about D day focused on the struggles and sacrifices of the hundreds of thousands of Americans, British, French, Polish and other Allies who fought that day, and all the months afterwards, and not use it to drag discussions into today's political dogfights.

Mayonardo
iPad & Tapatalk

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
The thing that always stood out is how they all seemed to have each other's backs, no exceptions. That is from the top of the social and economic ladders to... well... no exceptions. Something that may be missing today.

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
These folks were all pretty much ...+1. Thanks again all you who have served. I will say...at any point of time. Again..my dad was a WW II vet. He is also one who has passed...and we miss him.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
I don't know if my Dad was part of the D-Day invasion, but I do know that as a young officer he was one of the very first Americans to find the Dachau concentration camp and all its still-living inhabitants that were so bad off that they could not just be released. We had to take care of them.