Coolest RC anything I've yet seen

Faktory 47

Kobayashi

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
did he register it?
The one he has is small enough that registration isn't required. It's already acting up (cheap), so I'll have to return/exchange it. The replacement will be larger and will have to be registered.

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
The one he has is small enough that registration isn't required. It's already acting up (cheap), so I'll have to return/exchange it. The replacement will be larger and will have to be registered.
got ya

i personally wouldnt register anything. i dont remember voting for anyone who works at the FAA so they can fuck off lol

then again, i dont plan on getting a drone either anytime soon

Kobayashi

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
got ya

i personally wouldnt register anything. i dont remember voting for anyone who works at the FAA so they can fuck off lol

then again, i dont plan on getting a drone either anytime soon
I'll have to consider it when the time comes. If there's ever an issue there's a $20k fine involved, so I have to weigh that in with the decision.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Where can I find the information about what is required to be registered and what is not? I probably would have never gotten into RC planes as a kid had they put such stupid rules in place back then. They just know how to tax the fun out of everything don't they?

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
Beat you to violating federal law?

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
There's an obscure FAR forbidding attachment of a remotely operated firearm to any aircraft.
I figured there would be, but they're saying there's no law stating that it is illegal. They were looking for something to charge him with and couldn't find anything.

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
unless the drone contains directions and warnings to register, i dont think any edict they pass should matter

but then again im just your average american tax paying citizen wondering why the hell im paying taxes to morons

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
I figured there would be, but they're saying there's no law stating that it is illegal. They were looking for something to charge him with and couldn't find anything.
The issue is nobody is sure if drones qualify yet and there's limited enforceability on non-licensed pilots