Colt Pocketlite

Howard Law

Sassi

Hunter
Mar 7, 2010
Middle Georgia
I really do not know why, but I keep reading and studying about the Colt Pocketlite. It being a single action pocket gun goes against all I know about pocket guns. Yesterday I was in a grocery store and actually stopped at the magazine rack and "drolled" over the Colt Pocketlite that was on the cover of one of the gun magazines. There is just something special to me about that little gun. Does anyone own a Colt Pocketlite, or have expereince with one of these?

R

rayzer007

You're certainly not alone Bill. There were 2,584 hits on our website page listing the specifications for the Colt Mustang Pocketlite! I admit to looking at it for extended times too, but Elsie'll be just fine at half the price!
However, if all I had was my Combat Commander, and I was looking for a .380, that's definitely the way I would go (to keep the same platform), since it is basically a mini Commander (and it is, after all, a Colt!). ;)
Ray

M

mukwah

Saw one on the Bayou Shooter Forum last night,almost new for sale for $600!

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
OK, I will take the other side since nobody else has. They are cool but for me an absolute no go as a pocket pistol. So it is another small holster gun. I would think of it more along the lines of the LC9, which IMO is not a pocket pistol. I wear pants with pretty big fatigue style pockets and by the time I got an LC9 out of my pocket I would be history. So if you are looking for another small cc holster gun have at it. But as a pocket gun I can't see it.

M

mukwah

I'm just not a pocket carry person, maybe sometimes in the back pocket, even with the LCP! They sure are nice looking though!!!!!

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Since I bought two Phoenix hpa 22.cal, the little 22.cal work horses, I have wanted a Sig 238 or the new pocketlight. Amazing how the HPA resembles the other two. And Yes, it got a A Plus rating from Gun test mag.
Finally saw and felt a new Pocketlite at my local gun store. Man was it nice!!! However they are selling them as quick as they come in and the price is sky high, over $700.00 for a gun that has a MSRP of $600.00. I will be saving up to get one, and in the meantime will just shoot my two Phoenix's,

check this out!
http://www.genitron.com/Compare/Selected-List.aspx

regards
dave@vabch

D

Denny4kids

I had an early Colt Mustang back in 1995 for less than a day. After 75 rounds the slide was so loose you could shake the gun and hear it rattle. Also the safety was really loose. The gun was junk! I returned it and they sent all their Mustangs back.
I'm sure Colt has fixed all the problems. The fact that it has such a low grip (It was a little weird to shoot) and no grip safety makes it a little unsafe (for me) for pocket carry. Den

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
I really like the Pocketlite, saw one and got to handle one the other day. Nice feel, very light. I have read that Colt has designed the gun to go 10,000 rds before it begins to need any major repair. That is a big plus. My LcP went completely down at around 2500 rds. I would bet that the Pocketlite is a better shooter also.

eezz

Scout
Jan 30, 2013
Georgia
davevabch, what did you to to or with your LCP, after your 2500 round problem? I shot a rental LCP, before buying. It was pretty loose, but, they guesstimated it had 10,000 rounds through it.

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Wow 10,000 rds? Ruger repaired my twice and then ended up sending me a new one, after the frame cracked.

warbird1

Hunter
Dec 12, 2013
Heart of Dixie
I bought a Pocketlite back in the early 90s. Never had any trouble with it. Traded it about 2 yrs ago for a Ruger LCR. My pocket gun is an LCP and I prefer it over the Colt. I don't like a safety on a carry gun.