Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Anybody running one? Are you running them with or without anti-walk pins? Found a good deal on a CMC Drop-In 3.5lb flat bow single stage trigger but I don't want to run anything like the KNS pins. I know that CMC sells anti-walk pins that screw into the pins themselves so that you don't have those stupid looking barbells hanging off the side of your AR but they get pretty bad reviews saying that the screwheads shear off easily and render the trigger useless.

Reactions: shootin4fun

Allsmiles

Frontiersman
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Mar 15, 2017
Golfcart City, GA
Zip code
Not running any drop in triggers; normal SOP is an ALG ACT. I have both types of anti-walk pins being used. The KNS type and ones with allen head screws. I only use them on my suppressed AR's just because a lot of them end up in the woods and don't want any issues. I've not had any issues with either type and the allen head ones are about $10-15 for a set.

Reactions: Jake

Leadhoof

Dumb Bottom
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
Florida
e621.net
Zip code
I had a CMC two stage on the F1 build. It was the nicest trigger I've ever owned, and I had no shearing problems with the pins that came with it.

shootin4fun

Veritas Aequitas
Sep 1, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I got a single stage plain Jane CMC curved. I like it. I typically use ALG ACT triggers. I’m not a competitive shooter just like practicing and plinking. Also got a POF curved that’s pretty sweet and light.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Anybody running one? Are you running them with or without anti-walk pins? Found a good deal on a CMC Drop-In 3.5lb flat bow single stage trigger but I don't want to run anything like the KNS pins. I know that CMC sells anti-walk pins that screw into the pins themselves so that you don't have those stupid looking barbells hanging off the side of your AR but they get pretty bad reviews saying that the screwheads shear off easily and render the trigger useless.
A colleague has one in his warsport ar and I ran it on a couple steel courses. Loved it.

chance

Tracker
Jul 15, 2015
Ga
Zip code
They are decent triggers. You have to run anti, walk pins because they dont have any pin retention feature built in.

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
I have one in a build. It’s the 3.5 single stage flat.

I really like it - no issues so far. The KNS pins that came with it are fine as well.

I hate the look of the pins and the flat trigger but dang they feel good. Kind of like making love to a fat/ugly chick in the dark.

Frank Proctor uses the same trigger in most (or all) of his BCM ARs and swears by them. Note sure if he is getting paid or not...

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I have not much trigger time yet on my drop in trigger but have the screw type anti walk pins. I will keep an eye on them. I have an ALG ACT in my 300 Blkout build for almost 2 years now and seems a great trigger.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I have not much trigger time yet on my drop in trigger but have the screw type anti walk pins. I will keep an eye on them. I have an ALG ACT in my 300 Blkout build for almost 2 years now and seems a great trigger.

I read the reviews on the Primary Arms website where several people are reporting issues with the screw heads on the provided CMC anti-walk pins shearing off but I've done some more research and it seems like it isn't as big of an issue as the reviews would make you believe. Nobody I've talked to that has personal experience with them has had any issues with theirs.

I have a BCM PNT trigger in my 300 Blk now, which from what I gather is basically the same thing as the ALG ACT trigger and it is a really good trigger. I have always loved flat triggers though and want to put one in my AR; the reduced pull weight and shorter reset will just be a plus.

I was debating between the CMC single stage drop-in and the Geissele Single Stage Precision trigger. Does anybody have experience with both of those? The price difference between the two is like $40 so it's not really that big of a deal but is it really worth it to drop the extra $40 on the Geissele? That's another couple boxes of ammo for the 300 Blk or a few more bucks for parts for the 11.5" 5.56 upper I'm building.

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
I read the reviews on the Primary Arms website where several people are reporting issues with the screw heads on the provided CMC anti-walk pins shearing off but I've done some more research and it seems like it isn't as big of an issue as the reviews would make you believe. Nobody I've talked to that has personal experience with them has had any issues with theirs.

I have a BCM PNT trigger in my 300 Blk now, which from what I gather is basically the same thing as the ALG ACT trigger and it is a really good trigger. I have always loved flat triggers though and want to put one in my AR; the reduced pull weight and shorter reset will just be a plus.

I was debating between the CMC single stage drop-in and the Geissele Single Stage Precision trigger. Does anybody have experience with both of those? The price difference between the two is like $40 so it's not really that big of a deal but is it really worth it to drop the extra $40 on the Geissele? That's another couple boxes of ammo for the 300 Blk or a few more bucks for parts for the 11.5" 5.56 upper I'm building.

I am unfamiliar with the Geissele Single Stage Precision. Is that the same as the G2S?

I have a G2S and can give you a comparison if so.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I am unfamiliar with the Geissele Single Stage Precision. Is that the same as the G2S?

I have a G2S and can give you a comparison if so.

No, the G2S is a 2 stage. The SSP is a single stage.

Allsmiles

Frontiersman
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Mar 15, 2017
Golfcart City, GA
Zip code

I bet they were using excessive force and over torqueing the screws. The screws are not very big and don't require gorilla strength to tighten or you might break/ripe off the screw head. These are probably the same people that crush scope tubes and strip out mounts because they can and won't use proper torque.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I bet they were using excessive force and over torqueing the screws. The screws are not very big and don't require gorilla strength to tighten or you might break/ripe off the screw head. These are probably the same people that crush scope tubes and strip out mounts because they can and won't use proper torque.

This is what I'm thinking as well after doing some more research.