Cleaned a couple of black rifles tonight.

Faktory 47

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
I spent yesterday getting to know my new to me Ruger Mini 14. Had a blast but ran out of time to clean it so that was on the to do list for tonight. Also as some of you may know my reloading mentor caught up to me after church and gave me a new toy to play with. He handed me a gun case and 100 rounds of .45 acp. Gave me a little grin and said have fun. Inside the case was a Kriss Vector. I haven't shot it yet, but gave it a good cleaning and got to know it a little better. It isn't a gift, but he basically said keep it until you are tired of it or I come looking for it. Interesting gun to say the least.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
I sure would like to play with the Kris.

Is the one you have equipped with a suppressor (silencer)? If so, what do you have to do to make it legal for you to have possession of it?

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
I will know when I shoot it, but it appears to not be suppressed. Not to be put a downer on the thread but my buddy that handed it to me doesn't know much about it. It belonged to his son in law that died a while back from a negligent discharge with a H&K .45 pistol. Since then, while they are not ready to get rid of his guns, they don't really want them around either. Tough situation for sure. That is why I have it on a long term loan situation.

I

iacountryboy

Now that looks like a good time to me! Give us a range report for that one for sure. Wonder how it'll do long range. Very Cool! :D

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Well I got to shoot the Kriss Vector today and frankly, I wasn't all that impressed. I had some fun playing with the assorted lights, reticles, laser, etc. But after I had done all of that I was pretty well finished. The gun is simply too short for me and I was not able to shoot it all that accurately. Also, it may be because it is pretty new but the trigger was somewhere between awful and not good. My opinion, which is worth all that it costs you, is that it is a really cool looking gun that draws a crowd. For me though, the crowd would not have been all that impressed with my shooting of the weapon.

If I am going to spend close to $2,000 on a gun this would not be my choice.

R

rayzer007

bigdogdaddy said:
Well I got to shoot the Kriss Vector today and frankly, I wasn't all that impressed.

That is a cheap way to resolve a lust BDD. All that glitters is not gold.

Ray

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
bigdogdaddy said:
Well I got to shoot the Kriss Vector today and frankly, I wasn't all that impressed. I had some fun playing with the assorted lights, reticles, laser, etc. But after I had done all of that I was pretty well finished. The gun is simply too short for me and I was not able to shoot it all that accurately. Also, it may be because it is pretty new but the trigger was somewhere between awful and not good. My opinion, which is worth all that it costs you, is that it is a really cool looking gun that draws a crowd. For me though, the crowd would not have been all that impressed with my shooting of the weapon.

I've looked at them. But wasn't impressed despite that great look. I've got plenty of more conventional stuff for a whole lot less bucks (Except the AR and all additional costs in upgrades) that couple probably shoot rings around the thing. Thanks for the range report.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Biggest complaint from me, if you want to call it that, was the trigger was pretty bad and frankly I just couldn't shoot it very well. Just too short.