Cartridge laser pointers

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

BeyondTheBox

Woodsman
Jan 7, 2013
The Great NorthWest
Anyone use these around the house to practice draw and point aim/accuracy? What about sight adjusting?

I really like the idea of them, hoping to pick one up soon for my 9s and 45. Doubt they're offered in 25, sadly.

There appear to be different options/types.

Pretty cool for either purpose I say.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

R

rayzer007

RichCoop has a video on how to make one to fit any gun - and cheap too! When he sees this thread maybe he'll repost the vid and you can try it!

Ray

BeyondTheBox

Woodsman
Jan 7, 2013
The Great NorthWest
So I got one for my nine, sighted it in Mayer of seconds. Now is like to get one that's activated by the firingpin so I don't see what I was aimed at until after I've "shot". That way I can practice my quick draw at home without risk.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
BeyondTheBox said:
So I got one for my nine, sighted it in Mayer of seconds.
Please don't believe that the pistol is really sighted in. It's simply bore-sighted. You still need to do live fire sighting in to prove where the pistol actually hits. It wouldn't surprise me if you find a significantly different impact point from what the bore-sighting laser indicates because of what recoil does when firing live ammo.

BeyondTheBox said:
Now is like to get one that's activated by the firingpin so I don't see what I was aimed at until after I've "shot". That way I can practice my quick draw at home without risk.
That would be an effective use of the laser.

yz9890

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
I borrowed one from a friend and it wasn't bright enough to see even 50yds in daylight. His had no switch either. had to remove batteries to turn it off. I'm sure they're not all the same though.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
yz9890 said:
I borrowed one from a friend and it wasn't bright enough to see even 50yds in daylight. His had no switch either. had to remove batteries to turn it off. I'm sure they're not all the same though.
Do you remember the make and model of the one you tried?

yz9890

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
SkipD said:
yz9890 said:

I don't. I know he bought it from CTD and it was a 7.62x39 model. came in a black Velcro bag.

BeyondTheBox

Woodsman
Jan 7, 2013
The Great NorthWest
Re: Re: Cartridge laser pointers

yz9890 said:
SkipD said:
yz9890 said:

I don't. I know he bought it from CTD and it was a 7.62x39 model. came in a black Velcro bag.

Yup, sounds like same one. I read reviews on Amazon before purchasing and everyone said batteries were weak and to buy some nice ones. One guy wrote a very detailed review including batteries to use to replace. He was right!

Think brand is lasermark.

There is one activated by firingpin but it costs over 100. That wasn't worth it to me.

D

Denny4kids

I like the simple laser bore sight that I found at Cabellas bargain cave for $20. It may not be bright enough for 50 yards in the noon day sun but works perfect in the morning and evenings. I use it for pistols and rifles. Many times we have also taken the bolt out of the rifle, laid it on sandbags and looked down the bore to sight in a scope. This got our shots on paper. Den