Cabela's has powder on their website

Faktory 47

redmond

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Western WA
I just noticed that Cabelas has some Hodgdon Powder listed as 'In Stock' on the website (several types). Was able to order HP38...

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
I hope you had it sent to your local store with their regular order so you don't get hit with an exorbitant "hazardous material" fee. That is why I never order powder or primers via the web. Even Cabelas' store price for powder and primers is much cheaper than ordering these from any of the web-based vendors I've looked at.

redmond

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Western WA
Not available shipped-to-store, but Haz fee is $20/order. Ordered 2lb @ $19 ea. $29 per lb is cheaper than any brand/type of powder available locally, if you can find it at all. I looked in 4 LGS today and the cheapest I saw was $47.50 per lb for Clays.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
redmond said:
I looked in 4 LGS today and the cheapest I saw was $47.50 per lb for Clays.

I don't buy that powder, but it sure seems like the local stores are gouging the buyers something fierce. I don't think I've paid much over $30 per pound for powder (mostly Winchester 748 and Alliant's Power Pistol) in the last year or two (though I haven't bought any powders at all in the last six months or so).