GA Firing Line

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
As long as they dont ban hunting, I am good. I still have my crossbow.
Always suspected you were a Fudd! :boink:

Actually for all it is getting more liberal, North Carolina just passed a ballot initiative to guarantee hunting and fishing rights in the state constitution. Probably something we should explore for Georgia.

Reactions: Red Dawn and karlvv

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code

Actually for all it is getting more liberal, North Carolina just passed a ballot initiative to guarantee hunting and fishing rights in the state constitution. Probably something we should explore for Georgia.

Im the worst kind of fudd.....a damn yankee fudd.

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
That's what I keep hearing, that bump stocks were gone anyway, yet no one can back that claim up. No one can show me where bump stocks were going to be banned or any gun control bill that stood a chance of making it through Congress that was somehow thwarted by this rule change.

That's simply a narrative the NRA guys are claiming with nothing to back it up. The democrats still tried just as hard to pass a bill, and they're still trying today. Nothing was saved and nothing has changed. Besides a bunch of excuse making for the executive branch writing law on its own. It's not even the bump stocks, it's the fact that the NRA and Trump are more anti freedom than the fucking ATF. It really makes me sick to my stomach.

I'm not saying it because the NRA is pushing that narrative. I'm stating it as my opinion. Starting with my belief that all politician's primary goal is to stay in office.I don't believe the bump stock ban could have been stopped once the media got hold of the issue. Outside the gun community, a whole lot of people think the 2nd Amendment should meet a "need" test. I'm also not saying I like it. That's why I said the NRA should have fought it from the get go. No politician of any party would commit career suicide arguing to keep something as obscure as bumps stocks legal. But the NRA had nothing to lose. What were the liberals gonna do? Hate 'em more?

That's why I'm frustrated by the NRA so much over this. I truly believe they are the big dog in the fight for gun rights, but I think they chickened out here. As I've said, I support them still at this point because of their size and weight. But they really screwed up here. This was a case worth fighting even knowing it was a losing battle.

I also don't believe Trump is a true "2nd Amendment guy" as he calls himself. But I think it is naïve to think a Clinton presidency wouldn't have been worse for gun owners. I can't prove it. It's impossible to prove that something that didn't happen would have been worse. But I truly believe her reaction to the Vegas shooting would have been to revive the Clinton AWB. Just my opinion.

Reactions: FatAlbert

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
Oh Clinton would have definitely been worse than Trump solely because of the judges she would be appointing. But assuming Congress had remained the same I don't see any gun control bills crossing her desk, and there's no way in hell the NRA would have been encouraging the ATF and DOJ to rewrite law if she was president.

And again I don't see how people keep saying bump stocks were gone anyway? How? What bill was going to make it through Congress and get Trump's signature? The NRA was successfully able to kill every attempt for 8 years of Obama when the dems had more seats, including a massacre of first graders. But now people are saying they couldn't have stopped a gun control bill with a strong republican majority?

It doesn't make sense.

And, Even if Congress had the votes to ban bump stocks, at least that would be doing it the right way, seeing as it is their job to write law. The NRA encouraging the ATF to rewrite law and restrict gun ownership beyond what the federal code is has to be the biggest fail of all time on their part. Talk about dangerous precedents.

I think the bill would have come from any number of anti-gun democrats in both houses. Even back in 2017 there was all the talk about the 'blue wave' and polls showing swing voters preferring democrats to republicans. And in the emotional frenzy after the shooting, I don't think any republican would have risked getting smeared with a vote to keep bump stocks legal in the 2018 campaign. Remember there were over 600 people wounded and 58 killed. Hell, the government gave the victims over $16 million. Now that I think about it, it wouldn't surprise me if a group of republicans and the NRA colluded to go the route they did just to keep a vote from becoming a campaign issue. (How's that for a conspiracy theory?)

I agree with you, it should never have gone the ATF route. In my opinion Congress abandoning law writing to agency bureaucrats and executive orders is one of the biggest reasons the republic has lost its way.

As far as Trump goes, this is one more time his inability to keep his mouth shut really hurt us. Once he said he was "looking into" banning bump stocks, there was no going back. If he would have just kept quiet, I think the process would have drowned in all the 2018 campaign crap.

Again, all just my opinion.

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code

They did that here a few years back.

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Guess it's happening. And get this.... Are you ready for it? The NRA is DISAPPOINTED with the decision to ban them.

Yeah.....

I hate them....

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
They're disappointed in the outcome that they advocated for?
Yeah, I just read their statement. Basically, they're 'disappointed' there was no grandfather clause for people who already owned them to keep them. Like that's a fucking difference that makes a difference. I've been an NRA member and supporter for 4 decades now. I still try to stand up for them because of the sheer numbers they bring to the fight. But, Christ on a bike, they're making it harder every damn time I turn around.

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Banned in March we will see how it all unfolds and is enforced. I look to see the final writings on Friday concerning it.

As an individual we have no chance. They will come in your house and take everything without a large group GOA or NRA standing together lobbying and using deep pockets to protect our rights and uphold the 2A. The dem house is going after guns hard. Already implementing search and seizure in other states if you’re a hazard to yourself or others from an anonymous phone call to the police. Can’t piss off neighbors there.

Reactions: FatAlbert and Grunk

Liberty

nitrocellulose dispenser
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2015
Ga
Zip code
I am slowing joining the camp who regards him as an orange outrage. No wall? Gun bans? We need to challenge this in the primaries.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I am slowing joining the camp who regards him as an orange outrage. No wall? Gun bans? We need to challenge this in the primaries.
The "wall" is a colossal waste of money, and would be ineffective. There are better and cheaper ways to monitor the border and reduce illegal crossings in 2018.

As far as guns go, what did you expect from someone that waffles based on the amount of applause he gets, and has switched parties eight times? You don't really believe anything that comes blasting out of his mouth hole do you? The left should be cheering him on, fuck he'd do whatever they wanted if they cheered loudly enough.

Reactions: Tedkennedy