Bumpstock Ban 90 Days

Faktory 47

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
This is awesome. Glad to see rights getting handed over like the stuffing at Thanksgiving dinner.

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Pistol braces next

Don’t give them any ideas. Some of the approved braces are really adjustable rifle stocks with holes in the back for your arm to go thru. So really it’s not far from a short barrel rifle right now if you think about it. That’s winning for us. See they get bumpstock we get pistol braces

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Don’t give them any ideas. Some of the approved braces are really adjustable rifle stocks with holes in the back for your arm to go thru. So really it’s not far from a short barrel rifle right now if you think about it. That’s winning for us. See they get bumpstock we get pistol braces

^^^starts off post by saying "don't give them any ideas" and the rest of post is elaborating on the vague post quoted essentially giving them more ideas.

:boink:

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
The majority Is quick to point mistakes or faults rather than successes and the things they do well because it’s better ratings. How bout try encouragement. It strengthens character increases confidence and develops loyalty so stand out be a leader and encourage.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Pistol braces and bump stocks are both stupid workarounds that came as a direct result of stupid law. Im surprised it took this long honestly.

I’m tired of the NRA and this is pretty disappointing of Trump. Not really sure what his reasoning is here.

Reactions: Grunk and Leadhoof

Liberty

nitrocellulose dispenser
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2015
Ga
Zip code
All that will save us is favorable court rulings.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
I like about 85-90% of what Trump has done in office, this however is a slap in the face to the members of the NRA and 2A community after he promised to be the best 2A president ever.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I like about 85-90% of what Trump has done in office, this however is a slap in the face to the members of the NRA and 2A community after he promised to be the best 2A president ever.
The NRA is a slap in the face to NRA members. We pay them to tell our politicians what we want. When they tell the president that the most staunch 2A supporters are ok with this, why wouldn’t he do it??

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
All of the "bUmP sToCkS wErE stUpiD AnYwaYs" people have no idea as to the scope(no pun intended) of what a ban on bump stocks today could mean for any other accessories tomorrow.
Totally agree. They are stupid. So are pistol braces. So are a lot of things. That has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not it should be illegal. If that were the case, nickelback and staind would be illegal by now. And probably the clothes those guys are wearing.

Reactions: Grunk and Leadhoof

Abishai

Tracker
Kalash Klub
Mar 30, 2015
GA
Zip code
This is just madness , if only we can make some good out of bad and get no NFA on suppressors?

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
If the ban goes into action classifying bumpstock as a machine gun which you can own if your pockets are deep and you file forms with the BATFE then you’ll have to do the same for bumpstocks right just serialized the stock with a #. Am I wrong here.
Gun grabbers don’t just want accessories they want all guns and say the AR should only be used by military and law enforcement not civilians. So yeah we shouldn’t be wanting to compromise our right to own the best tools for protecting our families or hunting game for food. Contacting representatives and voting the right people in is our duty. We still need an organized entity like NRA to lobby using deep pockets funded by 2A right activist like you and me so if not the well established NRA then who can handle the task.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
If the ban goes into action classifying bumpstock as a machine gun which you can own if your pockets are deep and you file forms with the BATFE then you’ll have to do the same for bumpstocks right just serialized the stock with a #. Am I wrong here.
Gun grabbers don’t just want accessories they want all guns and say the AR should only be used by military and law enforcement not civilians. So yeah we shouldn’t be wanting to compromise our right to own the best tools for protecting our families or hunting game for food. Contacting representatives and voting the right people in is our duty. We still need an organized entity like NRA to lobby using deep pockets funded by 2A right activist like you and me so if not the well established NRA then who can handle the task.
My assumption is that would only be the case if you have a bumpstock manufactured before 1986...

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
I agree with about 70%+ of what Trump has done, I even voted for him when I typically vote third party. But I wouldn't call this a slap in the face because I never believed his commitment to the 2nd amendment in the first place.

He pandered hard to two groups, the gun guys and evangelicals. Two groups he never associated with for his entire life up until his campaign run. And two groups that gave him the most support.

The other choice was unthinkable... And she would be banning a lot more than bump stocks.

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
I agree with about 70%+ of what Trump has done, I even voted for him when I typically vote third party. But I wouldn't call this a slap in the face because I never believed his commitment to the 2nd amendment in the first place.

He pandered hard to two groups, the gun guys and evangelicals. Two groups he never associated with for his entire life up until his campaign run. And two groups that gave him the most support.

And moving our embassy to Jerusalem was the nod to evangelicals, getting a twofer by bowing to the puppet masters.

I wish he was so easily swayed into our camp.

Reactions: FatAlbert

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
If Hillary had tried this the NRA and every gun group would have fought to the death to stop it. I seriously believe we wouldn't be looking at this or the fix nics that was recently passed if Hillary was president. I'm mean fuck, as of now Trump has been worse for the 2nd amendment than 8 years of Obama.

Except for one important key point. The Judges Trump has appointed have been far better than what Hillary would have, there's no doubt about that. If Hillary had been appointing all these judges, especially on the supreme Court we would be royally screwed.
The same way pro-2A Reagan did more gun control damage than Clinton could. We let it slide when it’s backed by the politician we support. When it’s from the other side we fight harder.

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
If Hillary had tried this the NRA and every gun group would have fought to the death to stop it. I seriously believe we wouldn't be looking at this or the fix nics that was recently passed if Hillary was president. I'm mean fuck, as of now Trump has been worse for the 2nd amendment than 8 years of Obama.

Except for one important key point. The Judges Trump has appointed have been far better than what Hillary would have, there's no doubt about that. If Hillary had been appointing all these judges, especially on the supreme Court we would be royally screwed.
I have to disagree here. Not that gun groups would have fought harder had Hillary proposed the bump stock ban, but that it wouldn't have passed. No politician was going to hang themselves on having to justify bump stocks during their next campaign. Once one was used in Vegas and a savvy left-wing political operator picked up on it and gun control groups made it an issue, the ban was coming.

Remember, a politician's goal is to stay in office, period. Caring about rights or the Constitution is never at the top of their minds. Between horrified people who felt "we have to do something", gun control fanatics and Fudds who "don't need no AR or bump stock for hunting" there was no constituency big enough for a politician to risk voting against a bill if it came forward.

Shouldn't be this way and it sucks. I also think the NRA should have fought against it because the gun grabbers are going to demonize them anyway. They should have made the 2nd Amendment case even though it would have failed.