Brass collection

Howard Law

Frank.dux

Scout
Jun 12, 2012
Recently I've started saving my fired brass where I can, hoping to get into reloading at some point in the future. The problem is my local range is an indoor range and there are no brass catchers on the dividing walls between lanes. I'm lucky to collect a third of the brass I fire because a majority of it goes past the firing line. Any tips for increasing this percentage?

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
I bet they collect the brass and sell it. Confirm if they do. Then ask if they could give you the brass shells for the number of boxes you take there to shoot. Tell them you don't want any more, but you want to keep at least what you shoot. All they can say is no.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
lws380 said:
I bet they collect the brass and sell it. Confirm if they do. Then ask if they could give you the brass shells for the number of boxes you take there to shoot. Tell them you don't want any more, but you want to keep at least what you shoot. All they can say is no.

Good answer. Somebody on here or another forum made a self standing brass catcher. As I recall it looked pretty light and portable. I will probably make one for myself eventually. Even though I shoot at home, it would be nice to have all my brass in one place when I finish up.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
I've made a couple different styles of portable nets that I use at our outdoor range to catch pistol and rifle brass. I don't think either is really optimum for an indoor range situation but my smaller one could work if the netting were a bit looser. It's tucked away for the winter so I can't easily photograph it and I don't have time to draw a sketch of it now, but we'll do that later.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
Keep reminding me from time to time and I'll get to it. My part-time job and moving snow have occupied most of my time lately. :p