Big, Fat & Ugly

American Revival Apparel Company

yz9890

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
I'm thinking of buying a Gen 4 Glock 21 or a G21SF. I know it's not exactly sexy and it's certainly not the sexy Colt I had in mind but I've re-prioritized my list due to a foul political wind from the east. The lower cap 45's on my list (Colt Combat Elite, G30SF, and XDS) will hopefully survive the first few potential DC salvos and will still be around to pick up later. Plus, I've got a TLR2s itching to get mounted on a big gun.

Anyone have experience with a Gen 4 Glock 21? Are the G21SF and Gen4 G21 grip circumferences (w/o backstrap) the same?

I know it's not exactly a "compact carry" topic but I assume some of you old timers have crossed the big bore polymer line a time or two so any info you have would be appreciated.

thanks.

Verticoli

Personal philosophy? Clothing optional.
Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
I can tell you that the St. Pete city police sent the gen 4 G 22s back and went with G 21s with that same light. The county uses the same.

Yogi 117

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Salem OR
Don't rule out the G30 SF. I held one last weekend, sweet feel in the hand. The 30 comes with the standard 10 round mags & also accepts the G21 13 round mags. Of course, the G21 SF is a great purchase too! Ah, decisions, decisions, good luck with yours! Yogi 8)

yz9890

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Yogi 117 said:
Don't rule out the G30 SF.

I will have her. Oh yes, she will be mine. The G21 just cut to the front of the line. Actually to 2nd in line. I was already going to Bud's in a couple of weeks to pick up one of those M10-762 AK variants and thought about getting a pistol while I was there.

D

Denny4kids

I have a Glock 20sf. I use it for my backpacking weapon and hunting backup. This is the funnest weapon that I own. I am having great results reloading the 10mm. You would be surprised how well the Glock handles the recoil. If you are getting a big Glock why not shoot a powerful caliber. The average 10mm has twice the muzzle energy as a 45acp and at 200 yards a 10mm is travelling faster than a 45 is coming out of the barrel.

I'm just talking. A Glock 21 would be a fine weapon. I really enjoy my 20 and manage to shoot it well. Mine has warne tactical sights, a ghost trigger bar. I kept the trigger at 5-lbs and some grip tape. over 1000 rounds and not one missfire of any kind. Here is a photo with my over the shoulder hiking rig. Den
IMG_20120430_160312.jpg

yz9890

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
I'd love a 10mm. But I want a little more commonality in my ammo. At least until the kids get married and/or graduate.

M

mukwah

That 10mm is awesome! I read where Ted Nugent (a big gun advocate) owns several and said that was one of his favorite calibers!