bicycle.....

GA Firing Line

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Columbus?
A little south of there, but close; also worked out of Dayton for a bit doing some loadmaster work for Emery Worldwide and then some time with Airborne down in Cincy, but Canal Winchester/Lithopolis/Groveport was my home

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
45 min NW of Dayton
near Indiana border,cornfields and more cornfields

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Bike Nashbar always has some sweet deals running. That's where my last road bike came from, and where my next one will as well.

I raced mountain bikes in high school and only rode Specialized mountain bikes, but my road bikes were always Nashbar.

Last edited:
Reactions: sam

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Bike Nashbar always has some sweet deals running. That's where my last road bike came from, and where my next one will as well.

I raced mountain bikes in high school and only road Specialized mountain bikes, but my road bikes were always Nashbar.
I rode mountain bikes pretty seriously in High School and for a little while after. I remember Specialized being a really good bike. Now they outsource to China and sell bikes at sporting goods stores for $200. They also like to try to sue the little guys out of business even though they usually lose. They sued a Canadian bike shop for trademark infringement a couple years back. Turns out the trademark they were claiming was actually owned by Fuji bikes. They ended up having to pay Fuji for suing them. This is pretty much their new business model. I used to be big into GT bikes, but they're owned by a toy company now and have really gone downhill too.

Reactions: sam

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
got his new trek 1.1 today

Attachments

• trek.jpg
    trek.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 3

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
he ended up finding it cheaper off base.1 of his buddies that is Korean military took him to some local bike shops off base.
he has go buy a helmet 2day. hes looking forward to riding Saturday and sunday

H

Hoss

he ended up finding it cheaper off base.1 of his buddies that is Korean military took him to some local bike shops off base.
he has go buy a helmet 2day. hes looking forward to riding Saturday and sunday
He's going to regret not getting better derailleurs and shift pods. Those STI components are crap and he'll rack his nuts on a hill if he hits a bump

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
I will be sure to tell him that! He wouldn't let us pay for it or put money in his bank acct. this is his first major purchase ever.