B.O.B.'s! What's In Yours?

Faktory 47

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
HArd to find antibiotics. Fish stuff now is prescription.
We travel quite a lot, and I regularly know people traveling to places where a doctor will prescribe it as a precaution. I just let friends know to pass it along when they return. I did get some of the fish antibiotics prior to the prescription requirement. It's nearing expiration though.

jloneill17

Hunter
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2015
Canon, GA
Zip code
GHB = Get Home Bag
INCH = I'm Not Coming Home

Since I work so close to home. In Atlanta suburbs, I consider 15 miles or less close. I don't keep my BOB in the truck. I keep a sling pack with two smaller pouches attached. small fire kit (ferro rod, Vaseline cotton balls, and lighter), sawyer water filter, military canteen, energy bars, small first aid kit with emergency blanket. surefire and headlamp. Camillus les stroud knife. large 5 mil trash bag. that sling can't be more that 5-8 pounds. I keep the pistola in the truck with extra mags and a couple of bottles of water. it's just about all I need to make a day and half walk back home. if I worked 40 miles round trip I'd carry my bigger bag with hammock and everything. if it was a shtf scenario, my adrenaline would probably be so pumped I'd walk straight through the night. I'd walk parallel up 400 in the woods. depends on the highway I guess. luckily I work 1 mile off exit from work and about 1.5 miles off exit to the house.

jloneill17

Hunter
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2015
Canon, GA
Zip code
I took fish anitibiotics one time in college. I was sick and broke. you have to take a ton of them, but they work.
I wonder if using a food saver sealer would stretch out the date on the antibiotics?

jloneill17

Hunter
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2015
Canon, GA
Zip code
YES! the sawyer filter is a must! and they knda take some of that funky taste out of water some times (not a lot, but enough to get it down)

I agree. for the price $19.99, you can buy three and keep them in multiple bags, or if you are one to cache stuff. comes with filter, pump, and water bag. the life straw to me is a pain. you have to suck on that thing like it owes you money.

madHatter

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Fuckville
I agree. for the price $19.99, you can buy three and keep them in multiple bags, or if you are one to cache stuff. comes with filter, pump, and water bag. the life straw to me is a pain. you have to suck on that thing like it owes you money.
I agree. Life straw goes with me in a bag that never comes off when out in the woods. In case I get lost or something... And can't get back to my pack.

Walmart has the sawuer filters... Everyone owes it to themselves to get a few (same cost as a life straw)

jloneill17

Hunter
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2015
Canon, GA
Zip code
does the lifestraw take some time to get easier? I used it like 3 times and it was hard to suck the water up, so I gave it away. does it have to get worked in a bit or something?

madHatter

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Fuckville
well.. i have used it the same amount of times you have and i guess i just have a good set of lungs to suck with (insert gay jokes here). it is hard at first when dry, but as it gets wet it seems to soften up a bit. still takes a lot of force to get the water moving. even worse when it has the prefilter on (nylon stockings) for those really fun water holes. for those that want to try it out.. start with a nalgene bottle of fresh water to start the carbon. then try the "tainted"stuff

while not my primary way of purifying water, i will do whatever i have to do to stay hydrated. and if i have to get an aneurysm doing so, then so be it.

Reactions: erkinator 2

jloneill17

Hunter
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2015
Canon, GA
Zip code
well.. i have used it the same amount of times you have and i guess i just have a good set of lungs to suck with (insert gay jokes here). it is hard at first when dry, but as it gets wet it seems to soften up a bit. still takes a lot of force to get the water moving. even worse when it has the prefilter on (nylon stockings) for those really fun water holes. for those that want to try it out.. start with a nalgene bottle of fresh water to start the carbon. then try the "tainted"stuff

while not my primary way of purifying water, i will do whatever i have to do to stay hydrated. and if i have to get an aneurysm doing so, then so be it.

ha! no shit. I was drinking straight from the creek. i'll buy another and try it out at home a couple of times. I'll wait for Survivor Johnny to make the gay jokes, he's good at that.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I have/had (can't find the bastard) one of the UV light water purifiers. You stick it into a glass of water, turn the light on and swirl it around until the light goes off. I drank tap water in Bangalore India on three occasions (because I was curious about the taste....salty) and had zero problems.