Status
Not open for further replies.

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
With taxes coming up I'm cash poor. Dug through the safe and the only guns I have of any value I'm emotionally attached too. So this forum is safe from me destroying it for now.

Something I thought about while contemplating it was that I would have to become the biggest hypocrite in the world to run this site. Because one of the first things I'd ask is that we cut all the raunchy and smart ass comments in the general discussions. I think it hurts the sites growth.

Like every time a new guy starts a want to buy ad or list something for sale we don't have to offer them a wheelbarrow full of dildos.
QFT. It gets old.

Old School

Trophy Cunt Hunter
Nov 9, 2020
West Ga
With taxes coming up I'm cash poor. Dug through the safe and the only guns I have of any value I'm emotionally attached too. So this forum is safe from me destroying it for now.

Something I thought about while contemplating it was that I would have to become the biggest hypocrite in the world to run this site. Because one of the first things I'd ask is that we cut all the raunchy and smart ass comments in the general discussions. I think it hurts the sites growth.

Like every time a new guy starts a want to buy ad or list something for sale we don't have to offer them a wheelbarrow full of dildos.
I see you’ve gotten quit a few wheelbarrows then!!!

• Haha
Reactions: FatAlbert

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Oh man Doug. Everything you put into this site is appreciated. From the time Hoss told me about it, to my first infraction from ODT trying to have @Jake contact you when they booted you because you lost contact numbers.

I love this place; wish I was smarter to add more content but hey, we all have our shortcomings. Good luck with new adventures but I`m sure we will still see you hanging around in the future.

ooh baby gif.gif

preppingjedi

Sniper
Kalash Klub
Sep 6, 2016
IL
Zip code
Well damn, this is unfortunate. I certainly hope SOMEONE here can purchase the site from dougiemac!

Reactions: dial1911

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code

Sorry.jpg

Reactions: Miles and dial1911

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I would be willing to help fund the site. Maybe a consortium could be created to donate funds monthly to the site. If the annual fee is $250 and the monthly fees are $178 a month, that is basically $200 a month to pay for the site. We could set aside any extra funds in a discretionary acount to cover any additional expenses over the course of the year.

If 10 people contributed $20 a month then that would definitely cover operating costs on a limited basis. Obviously Doug is looking to recover his investments from over the years.

This community always rallys around a member in need and at one time or another we have all contributed to the cause. I understand where Doug had lost the drive and energy to run the site as it has been a long labor of love for him. I know that he has always said that he was not in this for the money. Certainly people have paid memberships over the years and some of us have purchased lifetime and higher memberships. I am sure Doug has invested in more than just the operation costs over the years if you look at the Christmas giveaways alone.

It sounds like we have people who are willing to take over running the site although just do not have the finances to take on the commitment. If we can figure out a way to finance the operation costs amongst the members, then the site can go on and grow.

This community means so much to so many and I cannot see it dissolve and go away. It would be a shame and a waste. Doug has honored us all over the years and it is time for us to honor him. If we can step up and help the members of a site that brought us together then we should be able to step up and save this site!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.