Aunt Boo & Flag Stompers

American Revival Apparel Company

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I don't think she understands that one of the things that makes this country great is the latitude for self-expression and free speech that is enumerated for the citizens of this country. The minute we agree that we should force people to accept a doctrine..any doctrine..the core values that set this country apart from tyrannical dictatorships begin to erode. The most patriotic response would be to accept the sentiment and opinion as their own, and move along.

Don't like Obama....leave
Don't like the gun laws...leave
Don't like tornadoes....leave
Don't like Dianne Feinstein...leave

Bullshit. Differing opinion and the ability to cut against the grain without fear of government crackdown are some of my favorite things about the US. Just wait until your opinion is that of the minority to see how important it is to be able to freely voice displeasure.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
I don't think she understands that one of the things that makes this country great is the latitude for self-expression and free speech that is enumerated for the citizens of this country. The minute we agree that we should force people to accept a doctrine..any doctrine..the core values that set this country apart from tyrannical dictatorships begin to erode. The most patriotic response would be to accept the sentiment and opinion as their own, and move along.

Don't like Obama....leave
Don't like the gun laws...leave
Don't like tornadoes....leave
Don't like Dianne Feinstein...leave

Bullshit. Differing opinion and the ability to cut against the grain without fear of government crackdown are some of my favorite things about the US. Just wait until your opinion is that of the minority to see how important it is to be able to freely voice displeasure.

:smh:

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Of course there is always the option of having the government sanction or prohibit certain behaviors that are deemed offensive. It's not difficult to find a case study to see how that type of popular censorship morphs into tyrannical governance. Take for instance the often maligned forms of "zero tolerance" in public schools.

With freedom of expression, all forms must be acceptable or the "freedom" part is lost.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Soldiers died for their right to desecrate the flag. However, soldiers like to kick stupid motherfucker's in the twat when they do so. I support both.
You can't have it both ways.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Of course you can. One protects people from tyranny. The other is an individual's right to express their opposition.
Kicking someone in the twat goes beyond expressing opposition, and the suggestion that people "move if they don't like it" is the pinnacle of ignorance. People love the idea of freedom as long as the majority shares similar points of view. People's fascist tendencies come out when confronted with strongly dissimilar opinions. People want churches but will protest against mosques.....all the while citing religious freedom as an argument for teaching creationism, and allowing prayer in schools. lol...pure ignorance.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Utopia does not exist. Stupid people will act stupid.
Well of course they will. My goal is to avoid joining in and contributing to the dystopia.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Yes, but you are one of those special enlightened people. :)
I don't think so. All it takes is a bit of imagination. Imagine how you would feel differently about free speech, protesting for gun rights, or expressing disdain for the government if our national politics and issues important to us as individuals changed polarity. Imagine you had a sudden change of heart and wanted to stomp on the flag, for whatever reason. True personal freedom extends to all voices, without the need to express or prove reason or validity, regardless of whose feelings it may hurt.
The Second Amendment also carries with it certain responsibilities of defending the country from internal and external threats. The same can be said for the First Amendment, and the flag stompers of today may very well illustrate how the actions of gun rights advocates of the future will be perceived by the majority of the public. It's incredibly easy to be short-sighted and clip the wings of your present tense adversaries, while simultaneously neutering yourself.

Jcountry

Frontiersman
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia
Kicking someone in the twat goes beyond expressing opposition, and the suggestion that people "move if they don't like it" is the pinnacle of ignorance. People love the idea of freedom as long as the majority shares similar points of view. People's fascist tendencies come out when confronted with strongly dissimilar opinions. People want churches but will protest against mosques.....all the while citing religious freedom as an argument for teaching creationism, and allowing prayer in schools. lol...pure ignorance.

Quit being so gay!

Reactions: Hoss