Atlanta Schools Cheating case sentencing today

Faktory 47
H

Hoss

Holy crap, did you see the sentences the judge handed down on the Atlanta Schools cheating cases? They were even offered plea deals after they were convicted and after the judge warned them to take the deals. Only 2 took the deals. Those two got 6 mos weekend prison, 5 years probation and a fine.

The others took their chance.

3 got 20 years in prison with 7 to serve.
The others got 5 with 1 or 2 to serve.
Plus fines.

That judge didn't play

Now they all demand to be released while they appeal. Wonder if the judge will do that...

Reactions: Gunsite Grad

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
what he have to say about it ?
Essentially it was the craziest trial he's been a part of.

He said the judges actions were so out of line it threatens the case, and thinks he shouldn't be a judge anymore.

He couldn't believe the opportunity to plead out after conviction was allowed

Couldn't believe some people didn't plea, and thinks if the attorneys advised against the plea after the conviction that they shouldn't be allowed to practice.

He also said the sentences were unbelievable, but wouldn't elaborate why.

Also the FBI invited me to interview with them, so that's kind cool.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Yup, this trial has many issues. The judge and attorneys seemed to be out of line. The defendants were caught in the middle. If they did not want to plead out because they did not want to admit guilt, then they got what they deserved.

blueknight8

the.... IN...master
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 27, 2015
stockbridge ga

He said the judges actions were so out of line it threatens the case, and thinks he shouldn't be a judge anymore.

Couldn't believe some people didn't plea, and thinks if the attorneys advised against the plea after the conviction that they shouldn't be allowed to practice.

traitor !!!!!!!!! you going to be a abc boy !!!!!!!!!!! whats next bro atf ?????:boink:

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code

I cannot believe somebody hasn't stepped in and muzzled this judge. This has been a farce.

H

Hoss

I interviewed with the CIA back when I was in undergrad. I only had a semester left before graduating and they came to the school amd invited 4 of us to interview. I did a series of interviews then filled out a mountain of paperwork, took multiple tests and went to psych evaluations. They did a thorough background check going as far as to interview my friends from high school, teachers from elentary school, youth pastor and my parent 's bosses. After about 3 mos they came back and had me take several timed technical problem solving tests. The eventually offered me a job. After reviewing their offer and the details of the 10 year no-compete contract , I declined. They were very rude about it and started calling my parents and professors telling them to talk to me about it. They even came out to the place I worked and tried to talk me in to changing my mind. They made a big deal about all of the time and money they had spent vetting me and how I was wasting it.

Then I never heard from them again.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
I interviewed with the CIA back when I was in undergrad. I only had a semester left before graduating and they came to the school amd invited 4 of us to interview. I did a series of interviews then filled out a mountain of paperwork, took multiple tests and went to psych evaluations. They did a thorough background check going as far as to interview my friends from high school, teachers from elentary school, youth pastor and my parent 's bosses. After about 3 mos they came back and had me take several timed technical problem solving tests. The eventually offered me a job. After reviewing their offer and the details of the 10 year no-compete contract , I declined. They were very rude about it and started calling my parents and professors telling them to talk to me about it. They even came out to the place I worked and tried to talk me in to changing my mind. They made a big deal about all of the time and money they had spent vetting me and how I was wasting it.

Me and a friend applied with them when we graduated, we both got pretty far into the interview process. They were fairly nice to me through the process actually and when I got accepted to lawschool I bowed out and they told me to apply again when I finished.

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code

I Interviewed with your mom. I got the job.

Reactions: Hoss
H

Hoss

Me and a friend applied with them when we graduated, we both got pretty far into the interview process. They were fairly nice to me through the process actually and when I got accepted to lawschool I bowed out and they told me to apply again when I finished.
I would have accepted the job if it weren't for two things.

● The ridiculous no-compete contract stated I could not work in a related field for 10 years after I left. It was a technical position and the list of hobs I could not do pretty much eliminated any job that involved me using my degree.

● They wanted me to sign a contract stating that I would have to repay the training costs for the position if I quit within 7 years.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
I would have accepted the job if it weren't for two things.

● The ridiculous no-compete contract stated I could not work in a related field for 10 years after I left. It was a technical position and the list of hobs I could not do pretty much eliminated any job that involved me using my degree.

● They wanted me to sign a contract stating that I would have to repay the training costs for the position if I quit within 7 years.
I never got to the point where a contract was in front of me. IIRC the initial job we applied for was Clandestine Service, but my friend was being offered jobs as an analyst.

H

Hoss

I never got to the point where a contract was in front of me. IIRC the initial job we applied for was Clandestine Service, but my friend was being offered jobs as an analyst.

Mine was in Crypto and analysis. They explained that I would live and work in an embassy and rotate every two years with every 3rd rotation being back at Langley.