Appleseed Known Distance Clinic at the CMP range in Alabama

Faktory 47

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
I'm a volunteer instructor with Project Appleseed but I signed up as a student for a KD clinic at the state of the art CMP range in Alabama January 30-31.

It's being taught by two terrific instructors and will teach you how to make hits on man sized targets out to 600 yards. The only prerequisite is one Appleseed, but you don't have to be a rifleman to attend. If you haven't been to an appleseed but would like me to check if you could still attend, let me know and I'll check. This is a more advanced class, so understand that the basics will be covered but you can get lost if your skills with a rifle aren't up to snuff.

The best part is there's no walking since we will be shooting at pop up targets with electronic scoring.

http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-display.php?qstate=AL&statename=Alabama

Reactions: Red Dawn

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
What would you recommend the rifle be for this class. AR with optics, Deer Rifle with optics, Curios & Relics irons, or another.

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
What would you recommend the rifle be for this class. AR with optics, Deer Rifle with optics, Curios & Relics irons, or another.

Whatever rifle/optic combo you want the info for. The main purpose is to get the data so you know what adjustments have to be made to make hits as far we'll get to shoot.

I've qualified twice with ARs with optics, I'm taking an AR with a carry handle sight to this one. I've tried and failed to qualify with a Garand (timed stages and enblocs killed me), and a M1a. I think I'm leaving all the optics at home this time.

You will be able to shoot more than one rifle. If you want to bring a bolt action deer rifle, even though you probably can't qualify with it to get the data so you know you can make that shot at 3-400 yards that you don't have the confidence to take now, feel free. You can even shoot off a rest or bipod. You just have to decide if you're going to make rifleman, or to learn about your rifle. I would come prepared for both, and whip out the deer rifle if you earn the patch or if you don't think it'll happen with the AR.