Anyone here like Sour Ale?

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Maharaja

Hunter
Jul 6, 2015
A coworker and I had a few this week at dinner. Technically a (Flanders Red Ale) Found a great one after 3 we were light headed then we got the bill and almost passed out (not from alcohol).
I gotta say it was great. Anybody have recommendations that might not break the bank?

image.jpg

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Not a fan of sours, but oak aged ales, hell yeah.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
never tried it....what would it be good paired with meal wise?
Pair it with a cheese plate appetizer. Some hearty Stiltons, or some other creamy and dank Blues. The stinkier the better.

Maharaja

Hunter
Jul 6, 2015
never tried it....what would it be good paired with meal wise?

Well a great question we were having BBQ. It has a great flavor, you can taste a little wine overtone (its aged in riesling barrels I believe). It has a little sour taste (not a true sour).

We did let a few other coworkers taste a bit everyone loved it. Its pricey so I am not suggesting buying a bomber becuase if you hate it you might hunt me down.

BackWoods

Frontiersman
Jul 5, 2015
Temple
Zip code
Well a great question we were having BBQ. It has a great flavor, you can taste a little wine overtone (its aged in riesling barrels I believe). It has a little sour taste (not a true sour).

We did let a few other coworkers taste a bit everyone loved it. Its pricey so I am not suggesting buying a bomber becuase if you hate it you might hunt me down.

lol nah, it's all trial and error on finding out new stuff bro!

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
10-fo thanks bro. I knew you'd probably know, lol.
Be forewarned, those cheeses pair really well. Those 10% brews slide down like iced tea....you might not remember the main course. lol

Brad sweet

Frontiersman
Jul 2, 2015
A coworker and I had a few this week at dinner. Technically a (Flanders Red Ale) Found a great one after 3 we were light headed then we got the bill and almost passed out (not from alcohol).
I gotta say it was great. Anybody have recommendations that might not break the bank?

View attachment 3002
orpheus brewing in peidmont park awesome brews,love the IPA,sour beers are there specialtieshttp://www.orpheusbrewing.com/ I have worked on the chiller for the process..great clean ,knowledgeable guys,excellent products and all handcrafted and original brews

Brad sweet

Frontiersman
Jul 2, 2015
Have you had their Transmigration of Souls?
no.. thats one i havent tryed out..Jason was giving samples as i was working..i mean after working....i love the summer pale ale and the IPA..sour beers arent my thing ..but kinda growing on me

Reactions: Laufen