AKs and Hipoints Suck

American Revival Apparel Company

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
I made an offer that anyone with a Hi Point pistol or carbine can attend one of my pistol or carbine classes for “free”. The deal is, if they can get through the entire course without cleaning and have no malfunctions, the class is free. If they have at least 1 malfunction, they pay the regular class fee at the end of the day.

No takers so far.

Reactions: Slacker1972
H

Hoss

I made an offer that anyone with a Hi Point pistol or carbine can attend one of my pistol or carbine classes for “free”. The deal is, if they can get through the entire course without cleaning and have no malfunctions, the class is free. If they have at least 1 malfunction, they pay the regular class fee at the end of the day.

No takers so far.
I'm tempted to buy one just to see if it can be done.

Reactions: Slacker1972

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
I'm tempted to buy one just to see if it can be done.

I’ve never had a Hi Point pistol in a class, but I’ve had a limited few of the carbines. None of the carbines ran worth a damn, and everyone says the carbine is much better than the pistol.

Liberty

nitrocellulose dispenser
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2015
Ga
Zip code
The low point pistols have done their job if they make it thru 2 magazines during time of need. That is their mission, and they usually can do it. I personally would not trust my, or my family's life to one, unless my situation was dire. My AK went away several years ago when I was able to achieve superior accuracy at 50 yards with my .357, shooting handloads off a rest. The Ruger shot better groups more often than my ak loaded with surplus. I know that it was a sample of 1, but my mind was made up that day about the commie rifle.

Reactions: cmshoot

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
I don't understand the hate for AKs. It's a proven design, even if some hipster American companies are able to assemble a non-functioning version.

It's really kind of nuts. I watched a show probably 15 years ago, some village in Pakistan or somewhere, these guys were making receivers by hand - almost the whole freaking gun was made by hand. They were hardening the steel by packing it in steel bucket with strips of leather, then heating it. Finished product looked fine, functioned fine. These dudes probably couldn't read or write, and lived in huts. How can they get it right, and a bunch of Americans screw it up?

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I don't understand the hate for AKs. It's a proven design, even if some hipster American companies are able to assemble a non-functioning version.

It's really kind of nuts. I watched a show probably 15 years ago, some village in Pakistan or somewhere, these guys were making receivers by hand - almost the whole freaking gun was made by hand. They were hardening the steel by packing it in steel bucket with strips of leather, then heating it. Finished product looked fine, functioned fine. These dudes probably couldn't read or write, and lived in huts. How can they get it right, and a bunch of Americans screw it up?
The dudes in huts are building a rifle, the American manufacturers are building a price point.

Reactions: Tedkennedy

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code

My first guess is motivation. If you get a rep for your guns failing in one of those Pakistani villages, the customer complaint is probably going to be a lot more severe than some guy yelling over the phone. More likely a visit from a group of survivors of the firefight where your guns failed them. :rip:

Leadhoof

Dumb Bottom
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
Florida
e621.net
Zip code

Because most people can't build one in their garage with a torque wrench, and aren't willing to spend $2000 on a well made rifle that's always portrayed as a piece of garbage.

That, and they've probably never shot a 74.
#5.45masterrace

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
I like AK’s for what they are. I prefer the AR platform, but it’s what I’m used to, it’s easier to upgrade, and it’s more ergonomic than an AK (especially if you’re right-handed).

I’ve owned and ran a lot of AK’s over the decades. My last was an arsenal on a Russian receiver. I finely got tired of trying to make it do what I wanted it to do and SBR’ed a SIG 556xi Russian. More accurate, better ergonomics, takes the same ammo and mags......I like it very much.......but still prefer my AR’s.

If I were made to use an AK as my only primary, I wouldn’t lose sleep over it.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
This can only be decided by Science

That has to be the most fair and unbiased comparison I've ever seen comparing the AR to the AK. The AK is the clear winner all around, just like I suspected.