58 cal pistol

American Revival Apparel Company

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
This is my large bore hand gun.
I made it many many years ago. I used a 58cal cut of barrel that Dixie Gun Works was selling for $1.25. He had them by the barrel full. I used a CVA lock and hand made the trigger. The wood is some I bought from a friend that had a saw mill about 60 years ago. Its the same wood I used on all my M L GUNS.
It does have A big kick.

SANY0376.jpg

RICHGCOOP

Sassi

Hunter
Mar 7, 2010
Middle Georgia
That is a beautiful gun, and the story that goes with it is very interesting. The fact that you were able to do much of the work yourself is most impressive.

M

mukwah

RICHGCOOP said:
This is my large bore hand gun.
I made it many many years ago. I used a 58cal cut of barrel that Dixie Gun Works was selling for $1.25. He had them by the barrel full. I used a CVA lock and hand made the trigger. The wood is some I bought from a friend that had a saw mill about 60 years ago. Its the same wood I used on all my M L GUNS.
It does have A big kick.

SANY0376.jpg

RICHGCOOP
Was thinking about your curly maple Rich and had to go back and admire some more! Really beautiful! What did you use to finish it with?

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Hey Rich...how hard is it to keep a hold of that grip with no checkering on it? The curve of the grip looks ideal..but i'll bet when that sweetheart goes off..it prolly wants to go south pretty good on you. I still can't get over how nice the wood grain is. Great job

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
The gun has a lot of muscle flip. The curve on the grip Let's it shoot down And reduces felt kick.
If you support the b*tt of the guns with your left hand you're hurting. LOL

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

M

mukwah

Here we go again Rich, "Curly Maple Seet Dreams". Gotta find me some of that stuff somewhere, for something, don't know what yet but I'll do something with it!!! :)

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
RICHGCOOP said:
The gun has a lot of muscle flip. The curve on the grip Let's it shoot down And reduces felt kick.
If you support the b*tt of the guns with your left hand you're hurting. LOL

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk
Probably why you never see a pirate shoot with the double grip we use today....