Stealth Mode

American Revival Apparel Company

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Hey kids. I'm looking for a super cheap and innocuous looking case for the Scorpion. Overall length is around 28 inches and about 9 inches tall at the tallest.

Would a tennis racket case be my only option, or do you have other ideas? Checked out trumpet cases, too short.

I have a Phitz guitar case for the AR that's awesome, but way to long for the CZ.

Anyone else go stealth mode for gun cases?

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
The $14-$25 instrument cases are an under the radar steal for gun cases. Padded, lots of pockets, and backpack straps.

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
Violin cases are what I prefer for inconspicuous carry of rifles and multiple smaller guns.
I got several Musafias back in the day when my cousin upgraded her violins. Very nice stuff

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
I'm sorry but instrument cases are anything but inconspicuous. If I see you in line at the grocery or walking the neighborhood with a violin case, you have a gun.

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
Awe shiiiiiet I giess in dem wawlmaurtsz shoppersz hoods dem folks is careinn there guns in instrument kaysus an dems eazy to spot, cuz it hapins awl da tiem in these parts an in growshry lanz! Good loadz!

Implying such nonsense is bullfuckingshit.
Nowheresville unclefucked townspeople know as much about musical instrument cases as they do about collision theory.
Just because something is large enough to carry some sort of weapon doesn't necessarily mean it contains one.

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
Awe shiiiiiet I giess in dem wawlmaurtsz shoppersz hoods dem folks is careinn there guns in instrument kaysus an dems eazy to spot, cuz it hapins awl da tiem in these parts an in growshry lanz! Good loadz!
Just as you used to do on ODT, whenever you result to this type of rhetoric, you've already conceded the point. I suppose the implication is that anyone who would assume there is a weapon in an instrument case is either unintelligent, a hillbilly, or a thug....it's really difficult to tell given the godawful attempt at inflection and phonetic expression in the sentence. Having said that, I'm sure you're proud of it...so there is that.

Implying such nonsense is bullfuckingshit.
Nowheresville unclefucked townspeople know as much about musical instrument cases as they do about collision theory.
Just because something is large enough to carry some sort of weapon doesn't necessarily mean it contains one.
It has nothing to do with the size of the case and everything to do with the context of it. Regardless of what you perceive to be someone's intelligence or their relationship status with their father's brother, if they're not on their way to the country club for a tennis match, why would they have a tennis bag slung over their shoulder? Further, there is zero reason to believe that someone would have any reason to carry a violin around with them in public unless said person was wearing a tuxedo or had one in a hanging bag draped across their shoulders. Contextually, a violin case in a grocery store doesn't add up...you don't need a violin in a grocery store, so what else is in it? Same with the tennis bag carry idea.

I realize that you are personally invested in this system and probably think very highly of it and yourself, but try not to take it personally that it's a terrible system. Trust me, you're not nearly as "grey" as you think you are.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I don't think I'm the only one.
In this neighborhood you see hipsters with banjo and guitar cases all the time. I never once think "hey, that's a gun", and even if I did I wouldn't care. It truly doesn't look out of place if you're dressed normally. I don't wear 5.11 tactical gear and load bearing vests to the grocery store. You'll see me in Levis and a grey, plain tshirt most of the time.

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
Just as you used to do on ODT, whenever you result to this type of rhetoric, you've already conceded the point. I suppose the implication is that anyone who would assume there is a weapon in an instrument case is either unintelligent, a hillbilly, or a thug....it's really difficult to tell given the godawful attempt at inflection and phonetic expression in the sentence. Having said that, I'm sure you're proud of it...so there is that.

It has nothing to do with the size of the case and everything to do with the context of it. Regardless of what you perceive to be someone's intelligence or their relationship status with their father's brother, if they're not on their way to the country club for a tennis match, why would they have a tennis bag slung over their shoulder? Further, there is zero reason to believe that someone would have any reason to carry a violin around with them in public unless said person was wearing a tuxedo or had one in a hanging bag draped across their shoulders. Contextually, a violin case in a grocery store doesn't add up...you don't need a violin in a grocery store, so what else is in it? Same with the tennis bag carry idea.

I realize that you are personally invested in this system and probably think very highly of it and yourself, but try not to take it personally that it's a terrible system. Trust me, you're not nearly as "grey" as you think you are.
I did not concede the point.
I responded to your ridiculously stupid scenario of violin cases in tow at a grocery store or in the neighborhood with equally stupid ideology which fit your rhetoric. My apologies if it hit so close to home.

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
In this neighborhood you see hipsters with banjo and guitar cases all the time. I never once think "hey, that's a gun", and even if I did I wouldn't care. It truly doesn't look out of place if you're dressed normally. I don't wear 5.11 tactical gear and load bearing vests to the grocery store. You'll see me in Levis and a grey, plain tshirt most of the time.
Right...but there it is again...hipsters walking around with banjo cases. There's a context for that. A mid 30's bald guy with Levi's and a tshirt in line at the grocery with a violin case? Yeah...no context for that. It's out of place.

I'm not advocating LBE or anything like that...I'm just saying that if you really want to go "stealth mode," don't be cute. Go to REI or Academy or somewhere and buy something that always has a context and figure out how to get a gun in it.

Reactions: Leshaire

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Right...but there it is again...hipsters walking around with banjo cases. There's a context for that. A mid 30's bald guy with Levi's and a tshirt in line at the grocery with a violin case? Yeah...no context for that. It's out of place.

I'm not advocating LBE or anything like that...I'm just saying that if you really want to go "stealth mode," don't be cute. Go to REI or Academy or somewhere and buy something that always has a context and figure out how to get a gun in it.
Who said I was taking it to the grocery store? I sling it over my back on the way to the range.

Is it really more stealthy to use a tennis racket case versus a guitar case? I see just as many dudes with guitar cases walking up and down the sidewalk as any other type of case. Nobody notices anyway, hell most of the time I doubt anyone would notice a gun case, and if they did...so what? I just don't want to attract unneeded attention, and a ukulele case will do just that. There'll always be question as to what is actually in that case, if the person even notices or cares, but there's no certainty at all. That's what I'm going for. Nobody is going to make a scene over a neighborhood guy with a guitar case...especially in this neighborhood.

http://www.oakhurstporchfest.org/

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
Who said I was taking it to the grocery store? I sling it over my back on the way to the range.

Is it really more stealthy to use a tennis racket case versus a guitar case? I see just as many dudes with guitar cases walking up and down the sidewalk as any other type of case. Nobody notices anyway, hell most of the time I doubt anyone would notice a gun case, and if they did...so what? I just don't want to attract unneeded attention, and a ukulele case will do just that. There'll always be question as to what is actually in that case, if the person even notices or cares, but there's no certainty at all. That's what I'm going for.

Oh...well if that's all this is about, I have over-thought. If you're just looking for a discreet range bag, then yeah, just about anything will do. I thought the conversation was more about a constant carry setup.