Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
A couple of observtions:

1) if Colt had reintroduced the Python 10 years ago, I think it might have been a big deal. Now, with so many other gun makers, Colt's financial problems & an entire generation growing up with the Python as Fudd collector gun, I don't think it'll have the same sizzle. Especially since anytime something is reintroduced, a certain portion of the market start the "not as good as the original" hype.

2) it appears that @Fast306stang has already quit quitting drinking.

Last edited:

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Well while you are thinking about saving money and selling guns.......look what Colt done gone and did!

View attachment 62204

View attachment 62205

I saw a thread earlier. I'd love to have a Python but pre lock Smiths really have my attention. I can't get used to the sloppy loose tooth feeling of the reverse cylinder release on the Colts.

Last edited:

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
well got the call today, i can start looking at buying guns again soon. cars done with paint and body and now i just gotta throw on my nice little extras i been collecting. this perticular money pit projects almost done and then my wallet can finally breathe a bit agian

We need pics! You're not the only gearhead here!

cbh13

Millennial Supreme
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2016
Auburn
Zip code
We need pics! You're not the only gearhead here!

i'll get some togeather. i still gotta get some new headlights and restore my top as well but should all be done this month fucking finally. and actually i realized im probobly totally lying about being able to buy guns again as i know as soon as im done with this im going to start eyeing my old john boat in the back yard that i need to fix before spring

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
A couple of observtions:

1) if Colt had reintroduced the Python 10 years ago, I think it might have been a big deal. Now, with so many other gun makers, Colt's financial problems & an entire generation growing up with the Python as Fudd collector gun, I don't think it'll have the same sizzle. Especially since anytime something is reintroduced, a certain portion of the market start the "not as good as the original" hype.

2) it appears that @Fast306stang has already quit guitting drinking.

Well...you could say the same thing about HK's SP5. But I don't see sales on those stalling for the time being. Yes they're different...but the same...same generation of ppl are the demographic

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
Well...you could say the same thing about HK's SP5. But I don't see sales on those stalling for the time being. Yes they're different...but the same...same generation of ppl are the demographic
The H&K has been relevant for far longer and has been available in some form or another continually

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
The H&K has been relevant for far longer and has been available in some form or another continually
So have Pythons. Been continually available on the used market!
Oh, I'll gladly admit it if I'm wrong. I like wheel guns. not as a collector, but as a shooter. I just think this is too late for Colt & will not have th mystique of "hand fitting" behind it. And what's the price? It's going to have to be a lot cheaper than a used "real python".

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Oh, I'll gladly admit it if I'm wrong. I like wheel guns. not as a collector, but as a shooter. I just think this is too late for Colt & will not have th mystique of "hand fitting" behind it. And what's the price? It's going to have to be a lot cheaper than a used "real python".

We'll see what happens when they're released. It could go either way...

CQB27

Kalash Klub Jumpmaster
Oct 14, 2019
Rome

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
It's a shame they quit selling ar's to Americans in order to arm the world. They shall get none of my money.

FN basically did the same thing back in 2012 when they quit supplying barrels to Steyr for the AUG to fulfill govt contracts. This effectively stopped production of the AUG after about 300ish units.

This isn't the first time Colt has stopped selling to civilians. Question. You can build an AR for $300ish, the cheapest Colt is about $900 from an LGS. I'm sure they were losing money by staying in the civilian AR market.

Not arguing, just thinking out loud and making observations.