When will we be able to get our hands on a SET lower?

GA Firing Line

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Maybe this has been mentioned before, but what would it take to make this happen? I'd be willing to invest to get the ball rolling.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Maybe this has been mentioned before, but what would it take to make this happen? I'd be willing to invest to get the ball rolling.

I've been looking into this actually. I don't want to get the cart in front of the horse, so until we reach certain benchmarks as a site, I can't pull the trigger justifiably. However saying that, I do have very deep connections and relationships with many people and manufacturers in the gun industry as well as a few notable members on here. I want to create a partnership with a quality manufacturer that we can establish a long term relationship as a community sponsor and in turn benefits them as our number one go to AR lower manufacturer as well as uppers and accessories. However we need to reach certain benchmarks before this can happen. So in the meantime, keep inviting people, keep creating content and we will get there!

Reactions: Balthaz and Shemp

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
The biggest problem from a marketing perspective with the lower idea, is that it's just not very visible. It's a cool idea, and makes for a unique firearm, but doesn't really give the site any exposure for the $$ invested in the project.
If there were some unique color scheme that could be applied via cerakote or something, that might give you more visibility than just an engraved lower. As soon as the logo and colors are finalized, maybe that would be an idea.

T-Shirts/Window decals/table at a gun show. Probably all better from a marketing point of view.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
The biggest problem from a marketing perspective with the lower idea, is that it's just not very visible. It's a cool idea, and makes for a unique firearm, but doesn't really give the site any exposure for the $$ invested in the project.
If there were some unique color scheme that could be applied via cerakote or something, that might give you more visibility than just an engraved lower. As soon as the logo and colors are finalized, maybe that would be an idea.

T-Shirts/Window decals/table at a gun show. Probably all better from a marketing point of view.

don't forget the glow-in-the-dark condoms

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia

1. I agree with @Laufen... holy shit, somebody mark that down.
2. Logo and colors are finalized. The design was by Marcus Allen Creations, who is a renowned 2A / gun industry graphic designer. I believe he did a kick ass job on the logo to embrace and reflect the outdoors and our region. (that's actually a silhouette of the Blue Ridge Mountains)
3. Swag is in production: t-shirts, stickers, morale patches, koozies, etc. are all in production. This is higher quality shit, not low quality, cost cutting swag, but commercial brand quality items.
4. Gun Shows will be scheduled soon after swag is in, schedules are made, (volunteer) staff to support the table and possibly hiring of models to accompany.
5. Meet & Greets are free to be scheduled by the community and supported by the site.
6. Give-a-way Day Grand Opening is being pieced together as we speak. I'm knocking on doors, making calls, emails, etc. reaching out to vendors and industry folks asking for donations in return for advertising. If you have anything or know anyone that can support this effort, contact them and contact me and let's get them onboard.
7. Lowers will be made in the very near future, but again we need to hit certain benchmarks as a community.
8. Enhanced Custom Classified development has been spec'd out and awaiting a "green light", however this will also require certain benchmarks to be met as a community.
9. A dedicated server with even more increased speed and performance will be upgraded as well, once we have reached a certain benchmark as a community.
10. MOST IMPORTANT POINT: I love these ideas and want you guys to keep them coming. Know that they DO NOT fall on deaf ears or a lazy ass! I just have to prioritize them all and budget them all as this entire endeavour is coming out of my pocket and it's not cheap... but hey, my kids should really consider the military over college after high school. :laugh:

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
I'm down to table. Also shirts at future pro gun rallys.

I plan to cross media post stuff, especially when there are shirts and what not showing the site. Future videos I post to other venues(reddit, blogs, facebook) will link to SET, and pics on Instagram will all get @southeasttraders applied.

If you post on Instagram really try and add that tag because Instagram has a huge gun community.

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
1. I agree with @Laufen... holy shit, somebody mark that down.
2. Logo and colors are finalized. The design was by Marcus Allen Creations, who is a renowned 2A / gun industry graphic designer. I believe he did a kick ass job on the logo to embrace and reflect the outdoors and our region. (that's actually a silhouette of the Blue Ridge Mountains)
3. Swag is in production: t-shirts, stickers, morale patches, koozies, etc. are all in production. This is higher quality shit, not low quality, cost cutting swag, but commercial brand quality items.
4. Gun Shows will be scheduled soon after swag is in, schedules are made, (volunteer) staff to support the table and possibly hiring of models to accompany.
5. Meet & Greets are free to be scheduled by the community and supported by the site.
6. Give-a-way Day Grand Opening is being pieced together as we speak. I'm knocking on doors, making calls, emails, etc. reaching out to vendors and industry folks asking for donations in return for advertising. If you have anything or know anyone that can support this effort, contact them and contact me and let's get them onboard.
7. Lowers will be made in the very near future, but again we need to hit certain benchmarks as a community.
8. Enhanced Custom Classified development has been spec'd out and awaiting a "green light", however this will also require certain benchmarks to be met as a community.
9. A dedicated server with even more increased speed and performance will be upgraded as well, once we have reached a certain benchmark as a community.
10. MOST IMPORTANT POINT: I love these ideas and want you guys to keep them coming. Know that they DO NOT fall on deaf ears or a lazy ass! I just have to prioritize them all and budget them all as this entire endeavour is coming out of my pocket and it's not cheap... but hey, my kids should really consider the military over college after high school. :laugh:

on #9, I've not had any speed or connectivity issues (except when one of the mods messes around with my account as a test subject :spy: ); are there speed / capcity issues behind the scenes?
Maybe I'm just not experiencing them on my end, but I've seen this brought up a few times and was just curious.