Howard Law

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Anyone that uses "ghey" "gay" "fags" in a derogatory manner in posts for one. We had a window post the Orlando Pulse shooting when lgbt's were very interested in the 2a. Unfortunately, many in the firearms community were to unsure of their own sexuality to simply be welcoming, but took it upon themselves to create an atmosphere that was less than hospitable.

There's really no denying that the firearms community is afflicted with a bit of bro culture. I'm sure someone as perceptive as you has noticed it.

I can't see someone using those terms keeping them away. All the gay people I know are pretty loose with the language, and I'm not in to double standards.

Either way, I don't think that a fraction of a percentage of 1-2% of the countries,population would make that huge of a difference. If you havent noticed lately, the left is so far up their own ass they eat their own for not being the right kind of gay or feminist or democrat. What makes you think having a few gay people with guns would change their minds. I welcome them, but lets not pretend that that is what has caused this

Reactions: FatAlbert

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I can't see someone using those terms keeping them away. All the gay people I know are pretty loose with the language, and I'm not in to double standards.

Either way, I don't think that a fraction of a percentage of 1-2% of the countries,population would make that huge of a difference. If you havent noticed lately, the left is so far up their own ass they eat their own for not being the right kind of gay or feminist or democrat. What makes you think having a few gay people with guns would change their minds. I welcome them, but lets not pretend that that is what has caused this
Of course, but it carries different meaning depending on who is using it, and how it's being used...like many words in the English language. Yeah, they represent a small fraction of the population, but who is better at converting people to gun owners and getting to previously "unreachable" groups of people...straight white dudes, or a gay guy or gal that introduces friends to shooting as is an advocate of the 2a and knows the value of self-defense via firearm? It's an obvious answer, and I'm a good example. I'm not very "bro", and most of my friends are left leaning academics that were previously 100% opposed to private gun ownership...but I've taken every single one of them to the range multiple times, and two now own guns. We had other interests and common ideals and that led to level of trust...that's key.

And no, it's not the causation, but it is partially why the numbers are stacked so heavily in the anti's favor. We've frittered away opportunities out of misplaced confidence and arrogance.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Of course, but it carries different meaning depending on who is using it, and how it's being used...like many words in the English language. Yeah, they represent a small fraction of the population, but who is better at converting people to gun owners and getting to previously "unreachable" groups of people...straight white dudes, or a gay guy or gal that introduces friends to shooting as is an advocate of the 2a and knows the value of self-defense via firearm? It's an obvious answer, and I'm a good example. I'm not very "bro", and most of my friends are left leaning academics that were previously 100% opposed to private gun ownership...but I've taken every single one of them to the range multiple times, and two now own guns.

And no, it's not the causation, but it is partially why the numbers are stacked so heavily in the anti's favor.

Dont misunderstand, I mostly agree with you. I just think the blame lies mostly with the republicrats. The gun community will always be inherently bro but that doesn't stop a lot of women from being involved and it shouldn't stop the lgbtqirstuvxyz community either. I wouldnt,go to a gay bar and expect them to straighten up just for me. Brazen bigotry shouldnt be tolerated, but I think the percentage of gun owners that are that uncivilized is small.

Reactions: Leadhoof

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Dont misunderstand, I mostly agree with you. I just think the blame lies mostly with the republicrats. The gun community will always be inherently bro but that doesn't stop a lot of women from being involved and it shouldn't stop the lgbtqirstuvxyz community either. I wouldnt,go to a gay bar and expect them to straighten up just for me. Brazen bigotry shouldnt be tolerated, but I think the percentage of gun owners that are that uncivilized is small.
Of course, but we've had years and years to make inroads and we've pissed it away.

Kobayashi

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
So you can deny a 20 year old a gun just because but you cant deny a gay person a wedding cake? They will have fun in court with that.
An 18 year old can be drafted into military service or charged with a crime as an adult.

Lawyers will have a field day with this.

Reactions: hseII

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Please tell me this is fake news. Trump acts like I answer to no one and they are feeding his ego as asking are you gonna sign it are you gonna sign it. This has got to be a big show for cnn to make it appear that they are acting on it not just talking about it again. What a mess

DaBlock

Woodsman
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 31, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Zip code
The only fake news (hate the term) is that Trump ever had fundamental rights of Americans to heart. No one is egging him on. CNN is not some all powerful deep state organization.

Trump is just a self centered dick who can't make a right choice.

Reactions: FatAlbert

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
"There is no greater defender of the Second Amendment than me" - Don Trump, Atlanta NRA convention 2017

Who would have ever thought that he was a self serving chameleon?

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
"There is no greater defender of the Second Amendment than me" - Don Trump, Atlanta NRA convention 2017

Who would have ever thought that he was a self serving chameleon?

Hopefully when he realizes that he just turned 25 million of his supporters against him, he will come to his senses. I highly doubt it though. It feels like it is time to strap in and fight like hell.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Hopefully when he realizes that he just turned 25 million of his supporters against him, he will come to his senses. I highly doubt it though. It feels like it is time to strap in and fight like hell.
To him, his supporting base is whoever will cheer the most loudly for him. He doesn't have a political stance, or ideals. He's a 5 year old trying to get the grown ups on the room to clap for him. For crying out loud, this has been apparent for years.

Reactions: Leadhoof

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
But yeah, time to fight like hell. I don't work Fridays so I'll be calling and emailing all day. We should create a thread to provide quick and easy links with phone numbers, email addresses and provide updates as to who has been contacted. I'm super busy today, but I'm in for tomorrow.

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
But yeah, time to fight like hell. I don't work Fridays so I'll be calling and emailing all day. We should create a thread to provide quick and easy links with phone numbers, email addresses and provide updates as to who has been contacted. I'm super busy today, but I'm in for tomorrow.

I'll do my part. I will not sit by idly.

Reactions: Laufen

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Definitely. Sounds like a good idea. We need to stay on top of this.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code

Please do. I'll admit that I have a few other priorities that take up most of my time, especially during the week. If there was a sticky with that info that makes it much easier for me to fire away emails and letters.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code

Like Laufen said, his base is whoever is willing to hold his banner up. He couldn't care less about the ideology of the person holding that banner,only that they are holding his image.

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
Like Laufen said, his base is whoever is willing to hold his banner up. He couldn't care less about the ideology of the person holding that banner,only that they are holding his image.

If he sells us out, there will be nobody to hold his banner. The left will not come running to him.