The 80% Glock lower is almost here

Howard Law

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Ghost-Glock-660x566.jpg

Polymer 80 is coming out with an 80% Glock frame. They are available for pre-sale for $135. MSRP is $179.99. The kit will include drill bits, the jig, end mill bits and a custom locking block. They project to have frames ready to ship my January 2016

I think that is super cool. especially for states with approved firearm lists that want glocks but can't get them.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Ghost-Glock-660x566.jpg

Polymer 80 is coming out with an 80% Glock frame. They are available for pre-sale for $135. MSRP is $179.99. The kit will include drill bits, the jig, end mill bits and a custom locking block. They project to have frames ready to ship my January 2016

I think that is super cool. especially for states with approved firearm lists that want glocks but can't get them.

Are all the metal bits already molded in? The slide rails are plastic looking.

Jcountry

Frontiersman
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia
From what I understand the metal rails are installed afterwords some how, but that's just chatter, not confirmed.

I don't see how that's possible. The real Glock ones are molded in.

Maybe they came up with something clever. I will be interested to see if it looks to be worth a crap.

H

Hoss

From their site...
This product is compatible with Glock Gen3, 3 pin products. The system comes with a combination front rail and locking block made from steel. The rear rail is polymer.

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
From their site...
This product is compatible with Glock Gen3, 3 pin products. The system comes with a combination front rail and locking block made from steel. The rear rail is polymer.
Idk how I feel about a polymer rail....

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Idk how I feel about a polymer rail....
I do.....it's bullshit. There's no way in hell that's going to last.

Poly Ar lowers, fine. Parts that NEED to be metal that are plastic...uh no. These will eventually kill someone.

Reactions: Righter13

Jcountry

Frontiersman
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia
I do.....it's bullshit. There's no way in hell that's going to last.

Poly Ar lowers, fine. Parts that NEED to be metal that are plastic...uh no. These will eventually kill someone.

I don't think this will work either.

There are at least 5 steel parts on a Glock which look to have been replaced with polymer.

Glock knew what he was doing with those parts to begin with. Seems to me that trying to just replace with polymer is going to be trouble, The parts I am thinking of cannot flex. Polymer flexes a good bit.

(And No, poly AR lowers are never fine.)

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
Neat concept, but robust? Probably not...

As other have said, the slide rails are a bust for me.

The integrated flared magwell seems cool and if someone stippled the fuck out of this vs the factory frame, it would save the "dammit" feeling every time I see a sub $350 Glock that a beaver gnawed to death.