Terminology police!

GA Firing Line

sammeow

Hunter
Dec 19, 2013
Texas
I was perusing ads online and the wife looks to see what I am checking out.
Tell her, just window shopping.
Spy an ad for a Ruger SR for $800
??? ?? Lotta dough so open ad.

Ruger SR40 for sale. It has only been fired once at a gun range. Comes with over 300 rounds of ammunition, extra clip, 2 boxes of Hornsby Critical Defense ammo, gun safe, and carrying case. 15 round clips. Cash only. Must have valid drivers license and be willing to sign a proof of purchase.

Wife pointed out three things wrong with the ad, I suggested 2 more.
Must be buyers remorse.
SR40 $425 with 2 mags.

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
LOL..... Caveat Emptor (Let the Buyer Beware) is an old Latin phrase I keep in mind when it comes to spending bucks on used firearms. I've done a few private sales but with people I really know. The idea of meeting some guy anywhere, with cash in hand just doesn't have any appeal. There's been a few cases in the NEWS where it's gone bad for the buyer when Bozo decides to keep his gun and some money.

On the other hand it could be just some guy, for whatever reason decided he needs to get rid of a SR40? If he's been making the rounds of his local gun shops they normally offer about 80% of the Blue Book Listing. Who knows?

Ruger starts their MSRP for new ones at $529.00. I've seen used ones going for $350.00. The magazines go for around $35.00. That depends on their condition.

The Remington UMC Mega Box of 250 rds goes for $109.00 (depending on location). The Hornsby Critical Defense for 2 Boxes could run $44.00, Remington Gold Sabers run around $18.75 per box. I'd say you're looking at $200.00 in ammunition.

Toss in $100.00 for the safe. $30.00 for the case. Using you $425., as a starting figure that rings up around $789.00 give or take a few bucks.

Care to elaborate on the 5 things wrong?

sammeow

Hunter
Dec 19, 2013
Texas
Well, wifie stated that
1) Hornsby should be Hornady
2) Pistols don't have clips
3) Little small to be a gun safe. More like a lock box.

I suggested that I doubted that the pistol had been fired only once.
And $800 might be close to fair for a new SR with full amount of ammo and the rest.

Slowhand

Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
sammeow said:
Well, wifie stated that
1) Hornsby should be Hornady
2) Pistols don't have clips
3) Little small to be a gun safe. More like a lock box.

I suggested that I doubted that the pistol had been fired only once.
And $800 might be close to fair for a new SR with full amount of ammo and the rest.

Agreed. He's trying to get his money back and that's not going to happen.

Slowhand

Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
I've into loads od new comers over the years who think that magazines are something to be read. Confuse Bruce Hornsby with Hornady and would easily confuse a safe with a lock box. But it's all in good fun.