Range trip with the Ruger SR22p

Howard Law

Silverfox1

Hunter
Jun 10, 2012
Louisville, KY
Had a great range trip today with my Ruger SR22p today! Now that I'm finding some .22lr ammo again I'm reminded of how great the SR22p is. I only wish I shot all of my pistols as well as I shoot this one! Maybe this should be my carry pistol lol.

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
Thanks for the range report. We would like to see pictures of your targets if you saved them.
It's good to hear the twenty twos are becoming available now.
RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

Silverfox1

Hunter
Jun 10, 2012
Louisville, KY
RICHGCOOP said:
Thanks for the range report. We would like to see pictures of your targets if you saved them.
It's good to hear the twenty twos are becoming available now.
RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk
Sorry, no pictures. I don't have a smart phone and have more paper targets than I can keep up with, so unless it's unbelievable shooting, I just don't keep them anymore.

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
That's good to get the juices flowing again. I haven't had my SR22 out since it visited it's kinfolk in Prescott this summer. Failure to eject got the whole upper and barrel replaced.
it's getting time to try it out once again.

zingbee

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
Eustis, FL
Mine came back from Prescott last Monday. Firing pin peening the barrel breech and a resulting broken firing pin. Seems to be coming more prevalent. Ruger replaced the slide assembly, barrel, mag disconnect, mag latch and all takedown lever related parts. Turn around was one week. Serial number was a 360 prefix with a test firing date of 03APR12. Pretty awesome customer service :).

Took it to the range on Tuesday. Long drive through the Ocala Forest. The Air Force was conducting bombing runs at the Newcastle Bombing Range. Pretty cool to see A10's flying tree top level. I put about 400 rounds of mixed ammo; Fed bulk 550, CCI mini mags, Fed AutoMatch and Winchester WB 333 I picked up at Walmart recently. It really liked the Winchesters!

I had one stovepipe the second mag that I attribute to limp wristing. Second malfunction was a failure to feed from the mag at around 350 rounds. Re-racked the slide and put one in battery. Continued to run until I was done.

I was shooting at some small diameter shoot-n-see targets at 25 yards. Darn near all the rounds were on target. Better than when it was new. It's definitely more capable than I am.

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
Only two malfunctions of a 22 and 400 rounds that's great.
Those two malfunctions sound like low-powered rounds.
RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk