Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

jwtug

Tamer of Electrons
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 6, 2015
Dixie (and Powder Springs)
Zip code
I'm drinking this. OYO (Oh Why OH) such a stupid name and stupid whiskey. It's an Ohio distilled wheat whisky. Single barrel, small batch. It has a pleasant nose, but I just can't get behind the wheats. They're dusty, bland and boring. This thing starts out ok, and falls on it's face in a pile of wheat chaff. $40 on sale for $20. Never again.

View attachment 7066
Nice to know

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I prefer bourbon, but I do enjoy rye on occasion. I don't know that I've ever had a wheat based whisky.
They're ok as long as you don't expect a lot of bright vanillas. I think I had it in my head that this was going to be really good (based on some recommendations) but it just isn't. It's ok compared to other wheat whiskies, but pass when we have so many good bourbons to choose from. You truly can taste the wheat in it, and that's coming from a guy that as a kid ate a lot of wheat out of the truck at harvest time.

It's 86 proof.

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
They're ok as long as you don't expect a lot of bright vanillas. I think I had it in my head that this was going to be really good (based on some recommendations) but it just isn't. It's ok compared to other wheat whiskies, but pass when we have so many good bourbons to choose from. You truly can taste the wheat in it, and that's coming from a guy that as a kid ate a lot of wheat out of the truck at harvest time.

It's 86 proof.

Is Canadian whisky wheat based? I've never liked one, but could never ID what turned me off of them.

Before I learned to appreciate better spirits, I still preferred almost any bourbon over Crown Royal or any other Canadian I tried. I actually don't think I've drank Canadian whisky in at least a decade.

jwtug

Tamer of Electrons
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 6, 2015
Dixie (and Powder Springs)
Zip code
Is Canadian whisky wheat based? I've never liked one, but could never ID what turned me off of them.

Before I learned to appreciate better spirits, I still preferred almost any bourbon over Crown Royal or any other Canadian I tried. I actually don't think I've drank Canadian whisky in at least a decade.
I know I don't like the crown royal black. I have a bottle if anyone wants it.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code

Nope, mostly rye's, although there are some exceptions. I've never really liked rye too much either, just a bit too brassy and metallic for my taste. That might be what you don't care for. Like sucking on pennies.

Last edited:

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
When rye was all the buzz I tried some. I think it was Knob Creek.

I'll pass.

Dinky Dau

Over Sexed Sr. Citizen
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2015
Zip code
The only thing I like about Knob Creek is, the full auto shoot they have every year...If you have not been, you have really missed out!