• Total voters

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
Stoopid fo sho. I did see two cops in plain clothes at the open house for my daughter's elementary school. They were both open carrying and had their badges on their belt. That pissed me off. They were not on duty but are somehow better than the rest of us because they have a badge. Maybe the manager got a ticket the night before and was still pissed. Who knows?

Liberty

nitrocellulose dispenser
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2015
Ga
Zip code
Thread derailment. Was her open house at chuck-e-cheese? :brick:

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Wis my son would sell all the stacks of cards cluttering his room and become a millionare and buy more guns!

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
The way I see it you basically give someone your hard earned money so they can play with it. If they make money they get paid and if you lose money they get paid. The only one taking a risk is you. I lost 8K this past Thursday and Friday before I could get the bulk of it moved into a safer fund. If I hadnt moved it I would have lost approximately another 5K today.
If you are talking 401K then you really did loose your money! All funds you invest your 401K in still buy market "shares." This means that will the value of your price per share dropped significantly, the amount of shares you own was still the same. When you transferred or moved your money into a safer fund, then you actually lost your money.

People really do not understand 401k programs at all and there is ignorance when it comes to fluctuations in the market. 401k investments are long term and you should not pay attention to daily, monthly or even yearly fluctuations. What happens when in a few years that very same fund has the dollar value double? 401k funds have different risk based funds and when you are young it is recommended that you invest in more aggressive or high risk funds as they will return more money for you. As you get closer to retirement, you want to move your money into low risk funds.

If you look at the performance of the funds in a 401k plan, they will show you since inception the 1, 5, 1o year etc performance. These are the indicators you should use to help determine if a fund is a good performer. I currently have a -2.5% return on my investment with my 401k and I am fine with that. If the market tanks, I am fine with that. Why? Because I know that it will rebound and excel between now and the time I retire! If you have a 401k, just remember it is not the same as investing in the stock market. If you cannot handle the fluctuation, then put all of your future investments in to low risk low yield funds and just enjoy the company matching contributions.

Reactions: Laufen

Trimax2

Hunter
Trusted Trader
Jul 1, 2015
If that is what your car looked like I would hate to see the other guy! Glad your okay and your car absorbed all the damage.

The other guy was a semi truck you wouldn't even know I hit him as he was stretched across all 4 lanes making a left turn into oncoming traffic

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
spin traps and peanut butter.

I had glue traps on either side of a snap trap. Footprints on glue and bait taken on snap trap.

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
Sitting here drinking it. I don't think they could have made it taste worse if they tried. Even worse is the tv in the waiting room is on CNN. Too much fun for 1 day.

Dinky Dau

Over Sexed Sr. Citizen
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2015
Zip code
Sitting here drinking it. I don't think they could have made it taste worse if they tried. Even worse is the tv in the waiting room is on CNN. Too much fun for 1 day.
Getting a GI series?

Abishai

Tracker
Kalash Klub
Mar 30, 2015
GA
Zip code
And I thought this was going to be listed under the "drinking" thread , yuck !