Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
I've herd of this place so it is a real place. Gotta check it out.

Seriously worth the trip. I always drive past the building when I'm headed to Columbus. It's just outside of Butler off the the left (heading west) and has no identifying signage to say it's a gun store. It's just called Butler Automotive. And you will think you've been had when you walk in the door. Go to the counter at the back wall and turn to the right- there's the gun store.

Last time I was there, they had more high end shotguns than I'd ever seen in one place.

Abishai

Tracker
Kalash Klub
Mar 30, 2015
GA
Zip code
We aggressively criminalize drugs.

Private prison systems have a strong lobby.

We don't have a rehabilitative prison system.

We have a strong criminal records system and it's fairly open to viewing by employers.

We aren't a homogenous country, leading to cultural clash and resistance to the authority.
I think it has become big business to privatize the prison system so there is little incentive to decrease those incarcerated

Reactions: Strider12

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
I have a job in Montezuma I'll stop by on the way back 1 day. Thanks

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
For this to be true the "thugs" in the US would need to be less educated than Haiti, Guatemala, Morocco, Nairobi, etc...
I think you're stretching there, keep in mind the simple fact of how opportunity affects these stats. I also read the article that you posted your question from ;)

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
For this to be true the "thugs" in the US would need to be less educated than Haiti, Guatemala, Morocco, Nairobi, etc...

I think if we are comparing prison populations, we have to give some weight to the country's "normal"... I think that the 'thugs' of the other countries would have to be compared to that country's average education- not the US average education.

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
There are many countries that would have more, if they had our laws and willingness to enforce them. We probably have too much, but I bet that's better than not enough.

Snewt1

Woodsman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 7, 2015
The best description is to just Google it. But basically it was different military performance groups. Bag pipes and fiddlers, drill teams and dance! This year's them was honoring the 75 anniversary of the Battle of Britain.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here

Well, I got 75% of the way through that article. Seems to point at longer sentencing times and the "war on drugs" (which I feel is way dumber-er than the Iraq invasion). America's war on drugs has, in my opinion, created incredibly powerful families/cartels in the countries to our south.

I'd really take more of the northern European approach- if you want to do hard drugs, then fine. You stay in this park.

Snewt1

Woodsman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 7, 2015
I'm uploading video to YouTube. I'll post it in a minute.

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
Well, I got 75% of the way through that article. Seems to point at longer sentencing times and the "war on drugs" (which I feel is way dumber-er than the Iraq invasion). America's war on drugs has, in my opinion, created incredibly powerful families/cartels in the countries to our south.

I'd really take more of the northern European approach- if you want to do hard drugs, then fine. You stay in this park.

I'd rather stay home, thank you.

Snewt1

Woodsman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 7, 2015
Look at Jim Ramsay's videos. Much better than mine. I took mine on my phone. And it died in the first 30 minutes. So I missed a lot!

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
I'd rather stay home, thank you.

Also fine- what happens at home (or in an area for those without a home) does not really concern me. Once it crosses onto my little world, we have a problem.

There are problems with this theory that are solved by the police. Such as battered spouses and such. Again, it does not really concern me- it's up to that person to get the authorities involved.